Ballroom dancing?

TravelLynn

Is there an area on Viking Ocean cruise ships where one can ballroom dance? Wooden dance floor? And would they play the type of music one could do these types of dances? Foxtrot, Tango, Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, Waltz....? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I know there are some cruises that are themed to ballroom dancing. We like to dance but aren't necessarily interested in an entire cruise devoted to dancing.

There are two smallish "dance floors" on the Star as I recall. One is at the bow side of the Explorer's Lounge. There was occasionally a ballroom dancing demonstration / lesson given by the entertainment troupe there. There's a second larger dance floor in the Torshavn Lounge with more of a jazz flavor. It was open for dancingcat night. There may be more places that I didn't notice. This was definitely NOT a ballroom themed cruise.

Is there an area on Viking Ocean cruise ships where one can ballroom dance? Wooden dance floor? And would they play the type of music one could do these types of dances? Foxtrot, Tango, Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, Waltz....? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I know there are some cruises that are themed to ballroom dancing. We like to dance but aren't necessarily interested in an entire cruise devoted to dancing.

There is a very nice band in the Torshavn Lounge. They play a lot of great music you can dance to. The singer, Krisztina, I believe, does a good job. The only problem is that there is nobody there!! We went in several times on the August 8 Bergen - Barcelona and we were the only couple. A few nights there were three or so other couples. I wish more people would participate and be able to appreciate this nice combo of musicians. If eight or more couples ever happened to be in there, it might get too crowded for "traditional" ballroom dancing. However, I don't see that happening :-)

Just go and enjoy yourselves!!!