Weather in Venice, Turkey, Greece, in October

None of the weather services...weather underground, weather channel.com, etc...can give estimates further out than 10/1 or so... I am really just trying to get a sense of what, in people's experience, the weather is usually like in those places, so I can pack the right things!! Would also be helpful to know what the weather is like on the ship itself in the Mediterranean in October...

Temps in the Med in October probably won't get over 60 degrees very often while at sea, on land it might creep up to around 65 if you are lucky. Night times can be chilly and not all Med winds come from N.Africa so dress as you would anywhere in the N.hemisphere in autumn, take layers...ie t-shirt with a sweatshirt or jumper that you can put on/take off when required. Take a waterproof coat of some sort, October can also be a bit on the damp side too. Just take a couple of warm jumpers with you, it won't matter if you don't use them, just having them will be a good idea imo. Hope that helps, enjoy your holiday :)

We were in the same areas last year in October. We left Athens on the 3rd October and it was hot, in the high 80's. We sailed to Istanbul and it was around 20C which is about 70F.

We ended up in Venice around 17th October and the first day was wet and around 17C which is about 64F. We stayed for another 3 days and the weather improved, we had lovely sunshine and each day it was around 19-20C.

I hope this helps you, though each year can be quite different. The only constant is that Greece is always warm in October as we have been there twice at that time. In fact we stayed on Mykonas for 5 days in 1995 and went swimming and that was near the end of October.

Jennie

Thanks for the information! My DH and I will be cruising from Venice, visiting Rome, Florence, Monte Carlo, Marseille, Barcelona, Cartagena, Cadiz, ending in Lisbon. A slightly different route than the one being discussed, but the feedback posted here has given me a great jumping off point. I have been dithering over how to pack! I think I will stick to long sleeve t-shirts, chinos, lightweight slacks, a waterproof jacket and a few cardigans.

If you anyone has further info, pass it along!

Take care,

Emmie

Archived