Restricted Items

fattymcfatfat

Yes. I always bring a pocket knife and multi-tool. Once I brought a neck knife and was held at security for a few minutes. After inspecting it the head person in charge said I could keep it but leave it in my room as other countries might not be so understanding. I did.

I am going to suggest that if you do take a knife or multi-tool that you print out from the Carnival site the list of prohibited items and take the item and the list in your carry on. Those working at the port are not Carnival employees and are often NOT familiar with Carnival policies. At least this way you could have something to make your case rather than just say "they said it was OK on Cruise Critic" While Cruise Critic is a valuable source of information you are ultimately responsible for items you choose to take on your cruise.

I am going to suggest that if you do take a knife or multi-tool that you print out from the Carnival site the list of prohibited items and take the item and the list in your carry on.

As always, Springs is right. I am a pocket knife carrier. I have printed the prohibited items language, and highlihgted the blade less than 4" part. On our last 3 cruises (2 from Miami and 1 from Port Canaveral), it has been questioned twice. Both times I showed them the document, they measured the blade and let us proceed. I also do not take my favorite knife (had it since I was a boy), so if they decide to take the one I packed, I won't care.

I have wondered about this too. In the past on RCL they have taken my dive knife and told me it would be held by security and I could get it from them for my next dive. However, I no longer dive and do carry a knife. I would not want to go into port with no protection should something happen. So, with Carnival if I just put it in my bag/backpack when returning to the ship they won't have a problem with it? TIA.

I have wondered about this too. In the past on RCL they have taken my dive knife and told me it would be held by security and I could get it from them for my next dive. However, I no longer dive and do carry a knife. I would not want to go into port with no protection should something happen. So, with Carnival if I just put it in my bag/backpack when returning to the ship they won't have a problem with it? TIA.

A Leatherman you can carry into port. A dive knife you will not be able to carry into port.

I saw in an earlier response someone indicated that they were told to leave the knife in their cabin. I have always put mine in my backpack and carried it with me. I have never had a problem when getting back on.

I'm going on Royal in a couple of weeks. No exception for blade length, so no pocket knife this trip.