Question about Maui

dogdaygirl

They might have at one time but after hearing such things I actually read the small print on the back and found nothing of the kind about that or the back of Haleakala.

The language in the rental car contract is not road number specific, but it is language about "unpaved" or "not regularly maintained", I forget the exact language, but the map below shows the areas where most rental car companies will void your insurance if you drive them.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54848297e4b0c710260b2aab/t/54eb4ffee4b07c3f6565076a/1424707582649/mauiMap.jpg

This is a bit off topic but since it appears many on this post have great knowledge I thought I'd ask here.

I usually cruise but the sea time looks like too much. I was planning a 10 trip to Hawaii and I don't know which island---The Big Island or Maui---would be best to spend that time.

My friend said the beach was better at the Big Island vs Maui. But she had more fun in Maui. She spent 8 days at BIG Island..and then got a puddle jumper to Maui for 4 days. This sounds great to me....I have no idea how much the plane cost.

My question is ...which island would you pick for some beach but mostly adventure. I plan on renting a car. Any suggestions about either island or there personal favorite would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

Kris

If you have never been to Hawaii, my 10 night split would 5 nights Oahu, home of most historical sights of the islands, and 5 nights Kauai.

In only 10 nights I would not split the Big Island with another island, but split on it. 2-3 nights in Volcano (or Hilo) and the rest in the Kohala Coast or Kailua-Kona.

I find Maui way too touristy.