Allure of the Seas question

MindyRN

Hello everyone! My husband and I are going to be booking the Allure Western leaving May 1. The first time we cruised Allure, we were on deck 7 in a interior forward cabin and we felt a ton of movement, and my husband got very sea sick. Last year on the Freedom we did a deck 3 mid ship and we hardly felt movement at all. Royal has a special right now and a Central Park Balcony cabin is the same price as an outside. I love the idea of trying a balcony, but I am afraid with it being a higher deck and aft, we will feel a lot of movement again. Can anyone give me some insight who has stayed in a Central Park balcony on how the movement was? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP balconies are all pretty close to the middle of the ship since the park is between the forward and aft stairwells. You should feel less of the ship's pitching (the forward/aft tilt) than you had in your first room.

From looking at the deck plans, the ones just above and aft of Giovanni's and Park Cafe are the closest to the middle.

Being higher in the ship, you may feel more roll (the side to side swaying) depending on whether or not they're using the stabilizers which combat the effect.

Anecdotally, my wife was in a CP balcony on Allure once. She didn't have any issues with excessive motion.

I realized after I posted this that it is the Boardwalk balconies that are aft. I was looking at those too. Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem.

For the boardwalk rooms, you'll want to get one further forward then. Unfortunately, you won't have much of a view of the ocean or the Aqua Theater like the cabins further aft. But the felt motion from the ship's pitch should be less.