Another Drink Package Thread

lgilroy

We are sailing on the Allure on Dec. 13th. I am having such a hard time deciding on the drink package to get. While the Ultimate is outrageously priced I like the idea of being able to order anything and not be charged. I like to get a specialty coffee in the morning, and being able to get bottled water is essential. My travel agent suggested the select package due to price and while I do drink mainly beer and wine, sometimes I do venture with other things. Anyone have a breakdown of how much you would have to drink to make it worth while for each package? I'm sure someone must have posted it on here but I can't seem to find it.

You could get the select, or the premium package, and just buy a fancy coffee every day, in the A.M. It would save you ~$15 per person per day(over the ultimate). But on the other hand, you'd have to pay for the coffees.

Conversely, you could get the replenish, and that would save you ~$40 pppd, but then you'd have to pay $10 per alcoholic drink, which likely you'd want more than one per day. Personally, I'd get the replenish, and just pick a Sea day and get all 8 "daily" beverages out of my system all at once. You'll still save ~$200 over the course of the cruise (over the ultimate) and have all the mocktails and bottled water you can handle.

Another option is, I'm told, You can actually upgrade/downgrade aboard the ship(as long as there is a minimum of 3 cruising days left...) So if you have a couple of Sea days together out of miami (most western/southern itineraries) you can lead with the Ultimate, and once you get into that stretch of back to back ports, you can downgrade (or cancel it altogether) and save money that way.

Unless it's changed, if you order something over the $ limit on the lower package you pay the entire cost of that drink whereas if you do it on the top package you only pay the difference.

For OP, get the beer package and pay as you go for anything else:)

Do they ever offer a free drinks package when you book as an incentive? Someone mentioned the Celebrity 123 go - we had this and loved it!!! I am now looking at Anthem for next year, but its so much more expensive and no apparent perks included either - just wondered if this is something they never do or worth waiting to see if it pops up?

Do they ever offer a free drinks package when you book as an incentive? Someone mentioned the Celebrity 123 go - we had this and loved it!!! I am now looking at Anthem for next year, but its so much more expensive and no apparent perks included either - just wondered if this is something they never do or worth waiting to see if it pops up?

On our Anthem cruise in a few weeks time our package includes free select drinks package and gratuities but not sure if these are actaully "built into the price"

On our Anthem cruise in a few weeks time our package includes free select drinks package and gratuities but not sure if these are actaully "built into the price"

Pretty sure they are always built in somehow, but it just feels 'free' this way!! (if the price is reasonable!) Well I may just wait, maybe January will bring me something to excite me into booking! :D

Unless it's changed, if you order something over the $ limit on the lower package you pay the entire cost of that drink whereas if you do it on the top package you only pay the difference.

For OP, get the beer package and pay as you go for anything else:)

Not exactly sure what you mean by "lower" package, but the limits and ability to pay the difference are the same on the Premium and Ultimate packages.

A partial answer to UK cruiser & Louise,

We took advantage of an early booking promo in March '15 for a transatlantic sailing on Brilliance that's not until Oct '16.

RCI were offering free select drinks package and gratuities on most 2016 sailings, we paid £530 each for a midship inside, certainly not paying over the odds for the "free" amenities, willl be looking out for a similar deal for 2017!

Happy cruise hunting

Mark & Heather

We went on a Celebrity cruise last year and we got to pick 2 out of 3 (drinks, gratuities or on board credit) They give you the lowest drink package and we just paid the difference to upgrade to the best one. It was awesome and so worth it but $619 CDN on this ship just seems outrageous. I guess we had it to good last year getting it with our booking that it makes paying this year so hard to justify. I think I will probably end up going with the premium and then if need be on the ship upgrade to the ultimate. I do like specialty coffees and if I were to have 2 in one day that would cover the difference in cost of the package. Such a hard decision, but I definitely want to purchase before I go because with the dollar being so bad right now it will always end up cheaper for us to pay CDN then have to pay the exchange on the ship.

I have searched these boards, all the drink and packages threads, cant find my answer, does anyone know - does the select package (wine & beer) include cider and port. I drink sandemans port in the CL lounge which is included in the list of drinks available. I would buy the package if included. I am awkward I don't drink beer nor wine but like a cider in the sun and love a port or three. on the ships they have always called it port-wine. I know I have weird tastes but everyone to their own

thanks in advance

I have searched these boards, all the drink and packages threads, cant find my answer, does anyone know - does the select package (wine & beer) include cider and port. I drink sandemans port in the CL lounge which is included in the list of drinks available. I would buy the package if included. I am awkward I don't drink beer nor wine but like a cider in the sun and love a port or three. on the ships they have always called it port-wine. I know I have weird tastes but everyone to their own

thanks in advance

Cider is included in the Select drink package. Sandemans is probably included under the $8 per glass limit, but not %100 sure because I don't recall seeing the per glass price.

A partial answer to UK cruiser & Louise,

We took advantage of an early booking promo in March '15 for a transatlantic sailing on Brilliance that's not until Oct '16.

RCI were offering free select drinks package and gratuities on most 2016 sailings, we paid £530 each for a midship inside, certainly not paying over the odds for the "free" amenities, willl be looking out for a similar deal for 2017!

Happy cruise hunting

Mark & Heather

That is cheap:eek: We paid £3500 for 2 adults in a obstructed view balcony for 13 night Canaries cruise from Southampton and that price had free select drink package and grats.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "lower" package, but the limits and ability to pay the difference are the same on the Premium and Ultimate packages.

I was meaning Premium & Ultimate but had forgotten the names:mad:

As for paying differences etc, I stand corrected, I must have been thinking of =X= perhaps.

Edited by pspercy

we decided to each get the ultimate package for all the perks... coffee, OJ, water, booze etc :)

This is only my 2nd cruise as we typically travel to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico to all inclusive resorts :) gotta change it up some times right!!! :)

ultimately for me: I just don't want to have to worry about anything... I want to just get up and eat/drink whatever I want and not have to think in the back of my mind ok where are we at price wise or always checking our account to see how much we are spending.. its a vacation and i just want to relax and enjoy myself and not have a care in the world! :) haha

some people break even and some people don't... I'm not going to make it a point to try and break even... some days I might not even drink but every morning you know I'll be getting coffee and OJ! :) mmmm

Hope you enjoy your trip whatever you decide to do! :) We leave in 38 days!

.... I want to just get up and eat/drink whatever I want and not have to think in the back of my mind ok where are we at price wise or always checking our account to see how much we are spending....

Just be aware that there are some beverages not included in the Ultimate package. Things like protein shakes at the Squeeze juice bar on Freedom class or the Vitality Cafe on Oasis class are not included. Also not included are milkshakes at Johnny Rockets.

Just be aware that there are some beverages not included in the Ultimate package. Things like protein shakes at the Squeeze juice bar on Freedom class or the Vitality Cafe on Oasis class are not included. Also not included are milkshakes at Johnny Rockets.

Thank you Bob!! I did not think about that! :) We are sailing on the NOS so we will have to pay if we go to specialty restaurants or johnny rockets if my memory serves me correct :D

Thank you Bob!! I did not think about that! :) We are sailing on the NOS so we will have to pay if we go to specialty restaurants or johnny rockets if my memory serves me correct :D

Specialty restaurants do honor the drink packages, and so does Johnny Rockets, within the limits of what the package covers.

In other words, your package would cover soda at Johnny Rockets, but not milkshakes.

And all the margaritas at Sabor? *crosses fingers*

From everything I've read on CC - yes.

Will let you know in a month as we are on Freedom with a drink package and 2 reservations at Sabor.

(I think I remember that the tequila "flight" is not included - but I could be wrong.)

From everything I've read on CC - yes.

Will let you know in a month as we are on Freedom with a drink package and 2 reservations at Sabor.

(I think I remember that the tequila "flight" is not included - but I could be wrong.)

We may be on the same sailing as you- Oct 18 out of Port Canaveral?

Edited by cruisin_gatorgirl

We may be on the same sailing as you- Oct 18 out of Port Canaveral?

YEP!!!! :D That's the one!!

We're at Sabor the first night because Giovanni's has the Murder Mystery shindig in there.

My partner, daughter, sister, 2 nephews (13 & 17 w/girlfriend) and mother will all be on that cruise.

CAN . . . . . . NOT . . . . . . . WAIT!

YEP!!!! :D That's the one!!

We're at Sabor the first night because Giovanni's has the Murder Mystery shindig in there.

My partner, daughter, sister, 2 nephews (13 & 17 w/girlfriend) and mother will all be on that cruise.

CAN . . . . . . NOT . . . . . . . WAIT!

Ahhh yay! So close yet so far :)

We're going to hit Sabor and Giovanni's for lunch two of the days- I heard the menus are nearly the same for $15 instead of $25. I can still drink margaritas with lunch :)

This is our honeymoon cruise so we're very excited as well :) I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from cruise planning to do wedding planning... might be more excited for this cruise than the actual wedding ;)

Ahhh yay! So close yet so far :)

We're going to hit Sabor and Giovanni's for lunch two of the days- I heard the menus are nearly the same for $15 instead of $25. I can still drink margaritas with lunch :)

This is our honeymoon cruise so we're very excited as well :) I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from cruise planning to do wedding planning... might be more excited for this cruise than the actual wedding ;)

SO COOL! Congratulations! That's a tough one - wedding or cruise. :D Regardless - we'll all have a great time. At least we're under the 30 day mark (at least until we leave home.)

We have margaritas for lunch as well (as breakfast, snack, dinner, etc.)