Legend 1/17/06 Fort Launderdale, Panama, Belize & Costa Rica

BostonBrahmin

• 3 months later...

Don, the voyage sounds fabulous! I hope the Legend will look gorgeous after her RE-fit and "facelift!" "She" left Ft. Laud yesterday and will be in the shipyard hospital in Freeport until Jan. 17th.

I've not been aboard the Pride yet, but have heard "She's" looking spiffy! Had a good friend to board yesterday to sail around "The Horn".......am anxious to hear from her as to all the Re-fits.

Happy Sailing!

Martita

I plan on taking lots of pictures.

It is unfortunate that it looks like Captain G-A will not be aboard.

I will have to take up the slack in the photo department.

I also suspect Eric will not be on either.

But 14 days on the Legend will still be wonderful.

Don, I'm not sure as to Captain Geir-A. staying aboard after the Legend re-fit. I know Captain T.T. stayed on the ship for a sailing after the Pride was in Freeport. And Eric did leave for vacation Jan. 3rd. I had a nice e-mail from him......he must be exhausted.

You will have a marvelous time! Please keep a 'lit travel journal and post a review upon your return.

MB

Don

Add me to the list of the Canal trip on Jan 17 after the refit!...Hoping all goes well after the drydock. it is my understanding that GA will be the "Master of the Seabourn Legend". This from friends that just left on Jan 3, 2006. A great trip according to them.

Looking forward to a Skybar sail-a-way!!!!

Sorry you will not be there Miss Martha!

Taylor~~~Thank you, thank you! OH how I would love to board the Legend, "party box's," with silver duct tape handles in tow! We could purchase Carona in Belize City and have us a poco "Fiesta!!!" Taylor, you be in charge of the FOOD.......I'll be in charge of the "feliz broma"........El Capitano Geir can add to his picture gallery!!

By the way.......I'll celebrating this morning University of Texas win, last night, over USC! 41 to 38!!!! Gooooooo Longhorns!!!:p Hook 'em!

I will miss being with all of you.........Boo Hoo! Maybe in the very near future I will be aboard!

Smooth seas.......blue skies above!

Miss Martha

Well I will be at the bar not to worry..I am easy to spot the Boston Red Sox Hat and the Champagne over ice..

I have booked Charlie Sato to give me and some friends a ride back from the Port to San Jose'. Do you need a lift back to San Jose'?

I am so excited.. I am even having dreams about being back on board.

DD

Hey Don,

Hope you have a great cruise as we are getting on as you are getting off! Do you mind telling me what time Charlie is picking you up at the Port? Just curious as we have him booked to take us to the Port. Just wondering how the timing is working.

Thanks, Rebecca

Thanks for responding. He is supposed to pick us up at the hotel in San Jose at 0900 to tour and travel on to the Port to get us there by 1500. Wonder how he works it all out? Are you using Charlie also in Puerto LImon? We have him scheduled to take us around the day before the cruise, the day of the cruise and then in Puerto Limon for the day. I am hoping it all works out. I had hoped to hear how Charlie was from the group that used him in Dec but noone has said anything.

Have a great cruise!

Rebecca

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted folks to know.

I was sweating getting to the airport from Puerto Caldera to San Jose' with sufficient time to make my 12:39 flight.

I had no problem. We were off the ship at 8:20 with a little help from some friends in high places (The Captain rescued my passport as they were stamping them manually). I was in the airport by 10:30.

BUT.....I was stupid and ended up paying the "EXIT TAX" at the airport. I didn't have to really pay it (I discovered this afterward) because it had already been paid by the cruise line.

So...for the uninformed (that is me). Don't pay the "EXIT TAX" at the airport just show them the immigration/customs form at airport check in.

Charlie Soto was there at the port waiting for me. He is a great guy. We even stopped at a couple of stops along the way and will made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare for my flight.

DD

Archived