Musings about Breaakawy 9/13-20

17pioneer

Not a true review, just some comments. We were in the Haven (1st time there) and our sons and family were in balconies, so we had a mixture of opinions discussed.

We did have breakfast upstairs every day but ate lunch in the Garden Café every day. Dinners were Manhattan x2, Cagney's X2, Le Bistro x1, the Italian restaurant X1 and one time in the Garden Café. Service was generally prompt and courteous, Cagney's especially. The Italian food was a little ordinary but we are from NYC and its hard to top the little Mom & Pop places here, otherwise every meal was very good.

Entertainment was okay, Rock of Ages didn't real hit it with my wife or I, but one son liked it and the other didn't (both in their early 30's), Second City improv wasn't truly spontaneous, the cast seemed to direct the audience suggestions to planned outcomes which we have seen before.

All of our cabins were neat, clean and well attended. Kids enjoyed the regular pool and had no trouble getting lounges.

I feel obligated to have one complaint so here it is - I have 2 hip replacements and a knee replacements, it was hard getting out of the shower/tub - the rest of my life should be so tough.

Can't wait till our next cruise be it Gem or Breakaway

it's good to know I won't be missing much since I didn't book La Cucina. Growing up in NY and now living near New Haven it would definitely be hard to top the type of italian food I'm used to. We are on the Breakaway in 31 days and it's nice to read non negative reviews for once!

Hi. Who was the concierge? I love the Haven and had Adrian last year. We are booked again for August 2016.

Did you eat any meals in the Haven restaurant? We usually had breakfast and most lunches either in the reataurant or by the pool.

Having your family not in the Haven did you still get to enjoy the ammenities like the sun deck, bar and restaurant or were you mostly outside the Haven?

My dd-22, her friend and my ds-17 didnt spend too much time in the area but my mom, dh and I rarely left during the day bit we were out at specialty restaurants and shows at night and we always ended our nigjt with Slam in the Blues venue.

What time did you get to the pier and into concierge?

What did you do in Bermuda?

Thanks so much. Sounds like you had a great time with your family.

Edited by js

Virginia was the concierge and she and her staff did a great job. I did spend a lot of time in the Haven as the "kids" went their own way and let Mom and Dad veg out. We did eat dinner with them most nights so we didn't dine in the Haven in the evening. Made use of all other amenities. Ravi was our butler and he was tireless

Virginia was our concierge on the Dawn last year and I've seen mixed reviews here, but she was fantastic to us. Always knew our first names and promptly took care of our requests. We were in the lowest priced suite but you wouldn't have known it from her service.

To finish response to above question, work got in the way there for a minute. We got to pier at around 1030 and were in the Haven before 1130.

We rode up to St George and Hamilton, we did a helmet dive as a family and the kids did a lot of snorkeling. As a poster child for skin cancer I didn't do much beach time. We live local so we did carry off and were home before 10:00. No hassle at all, hardest part was getting across 12th Ave to the Taxi stand

Virginia was absolutely wonderful with several odd ball requests when we tried to match our schedules to the others not in the Haven