Feedback on the Tahitian Princess? Websites for good deals??

angeandbrian

Hi All,

Im looking for feedback on the Tahitian princess. Has anyone cruised on this ship before? Any thoughts, positive or negative? We're torn between a balcony and a minisuite. It's about a 800 difference total, but its also our honeymoon so we want so splurge. Another question--how far is the airport from the cruise? What is the best way to get from the airport to the cruise? Also, what websites or wholesalers would be good to check out?? Thanks!!

Angela

Hey Angela. We leave on 5-7-04. We are very excited after reading only great reviews. I can honestly say that I have researched this ship for 6months and have NO bad reviews. We are doing the Cook Island iteniary. We went through our TA, but many go straight through Princess. The good thing I have found out (the hard way) is if you go through Princess direct you can make your own changes with air, etc. I will tell you this, that we cancelled our airfare with Princess and went through Air Tahiti Nui online site and saved over 600.00 Keep a close check on the website. They had a great deal running a while back. 5 nights/with air for 999.00pp That was fantastic! We had already planned to go 5-7, so we opted to stay where we were. I am sure you could go through crucon.com, cheapcruises.com and many others. We opted for the balcony instead of spending the extra on a mini suite. The square footage wan't that much bigger. I figured for the extra money I could buy some black pearls.

If you go through Princess you can get their transfers, but it will acutally cost more than a taxi. The taxies are very expensive, but yet after reading many reviews it appears they end up cheaper and you avoid the rush to and from the ship.

I would go back on some of the roll calls and look for information regarding the TP. Many have done this trip many times and plan to do it again. That says a lot!

Hope you have a great honeymoon!

Nancy

We had a minisuite with a balcony - 8005 - the only other room we were in was an Owners' Suite - so I can't compare it to the "just balcony" rooms - it was pretty spacious with a bathroom with a bathtub - but no minibar or anything like that - things might have changed, we were on it in August.

It was an incredible cruise - we did the Cook Islands itinerary. The trip of a lifetime - so of course I'm bugging my dear husband to promise that we can go back for our 5th anniversary.

You will get TONS of good info on this board as to the best excursions, etc... We met up with some really great folks from this board and hung out with them during the cruise - we really had a wonderful time.

We taxied from the airport to the ship and I don't agree they are expensive. It was about $15 for the 20 minute ride. Getting the taxi was easy and they drove us right to the ship (right to the stairs at the ship!)

We found lots of valuable information on this board. You will too. I have a number of reviews archived that I can forward.

KB9MU

Archived