Soverign 9/23/05

raydon

Just to quickly report, we have retirned from a long weekend on the Soverign and had a nice cruise, be it all too short. We took this to spend some time with Grandsons, 9 and 12. We booked the senior rate and had 2 cabins, our first ever attempt at inside. Actually, it was a good choice for this since you get very little noise in the center of Deck 3 and are able to sleep a little later. Food was very good in dining room, but just mediocre in the Windjammer. This was the only disappointment. Entertainment was good, service excellent, weather cooperated so all in all we had a nice trip. Ship looked brand new inside also.

We are on this sailing on 10/7/05. Did they have a formal night and is it Saturday or Sunday?

How was the entertainment? Do they have something everynight or just 1 or 2 of the nights?

Also I have not booked transportation yet from the airport to the cruise terminal - did you RCCL or book on your own? I just got rates tonight and plan to book by tomorrow night. We have a late flight home on Monday so we are going to goto the Kennedy Space Center.

We are on this sailing on 10/7/05. Did they have a formal night and is it Saturday or Sunday?

How was the entertainment? Do they have something everynight or just 1 or 2 of the nights?

Also I have not booked transportation yet from the airport to the cruise terminal - did you RCCL or book on your own? I just got rates tonight and plan to book by tomorrow night. We have a late flight home on Monday so we are going to goto the Kennedy Space Center.

We just did the 9/19-23 sailing on the Sovereign, had a great time. Do make sure you go to Bolero's and see the Dueling Piano's they are lots of fun. Only saw one show in the theater, and that was the first night, but there was something every night. The night we caught the show in the theater it was good; jugglers/comedians. We just stayed in port longer since we had late dinner seating. We took a cab to Cabbage Beach while in Nassau and then walked around Atlantis. Food in dining room was good, salmon was very good on formal night, much better than the filet they served (we had both). We also found the lite fare desserts were often tastier than the ones loaded with fat and sugar. When you get to Coco Cay go and find a spot near the back by the jet ski's and the kids water park area, it is quiet and less populated. As for transportion we used Art's Shuttle since there was 8 of us in our group it was a heck of a deal. It was so easy and hassle free using them. I totally reccommend checking into it. Have a great trip, I wish I was headed back with you. The Sovereign 4 day cruise is one of my favorites, I love the ports! Enjoy!!

I was on the 3 nt Sovereign in May.

I scanned and posted the daily Compasses.

Link to pics is in my signature below...

May answer some of your questions.

Enjoy your Cruise !!!:D

We are going on the Sovereign 4 day in April. Our boys will be 9 and just barely 12 at that time. Did your grandsons use Adventure Ocean at all, and if so, what did they think? I am trying to determine whether or not the 12-14 age group will be too mature for my barely 12 year old. Thanks!

I couldn't keep the kids out of there. They both went to the 9 - 11 group since Zach had only been 12 for a week. They loved it. I let them have sign in and out priviledges so they liked that. They were there when it was open basically.

Archived