Itinery change

I keep all the emails on my phone in a folder marked Thomson. Then I can always refer to them when required!!!!

Thanks Tina,

Living in a fantastic rural part of England where we are realising the benefits of the horseless carriage and gradually embracing modern technology:). I only pack a very basic windows phone as where we live is difficult to get a signal to make calls and send texts. To make a call on my mobile I have to stand on a chair in one particular upstairs room next to the window.

Our broadband speed is very very slow and we usually reserve a month after the winter solstice to get the latest on the Magna Carta.

It would be a waste of money getting a decent phone but not having the capability you described is a big miss.

Just off to milk the sheep and get told off by Mrs Len for having another dig at her beloved Shropshire.

Len

Yes! Definitely! But tear the relevant page out of the brochure and take it with you. At Bournemouth Airport a few years ago the same debate took place at check in and they refused to accept it was 7kg - taking the package holiday non-cruise allowance and applying to all passengers.

The lady in front of me had to redistribute her packing into hold luggage to avoid paying xs. I did try to intervene and tell her she was correct but they didn't back down. Fortunately we were within 5kg - I think we stuffed some stuff into our pockets as we witnessed the altercation develop :D but since then, I've always taken the printed info from the current brochure to wave at some supervisor if necessary.

I was sufficiently annoyed to write to the airport on our return mainly in terms of a polite 'putting the record straight'/for your information style approach which wasn't at all confrontational. I received a brusque, rude, dismissive letter in response which did not concede their error. Now I did take exception to that and wrote back quoting the brochure, their poor training/knowledge of the airline's T&Cs and in particular their dreadful PR especially given they were in the wrong! They didn't reply to that! It beggars belief in my book, not that they made an error - anyone can make a mistake, but the attitude towards the passenger and tone of their response to me which was so bad. Still that's just an unfortunate incident but it has reinforced to me the need to carry some documentation just in case you come across other ill informed check-in staff.

So go with your 7kg but with printed confirmation (a screen dump of the relevant online booking info or brochure). And have a great time!

Whenever I have to have a question or need something clarified I always enquire by email and include my booking reference so that the answer pertains to your particular cruise.

In this case I would email them and quote what the brochure says and ask them to confirm what is stated in the brochure...print off to take with you and away you sail...happy cruising.