More Than One Entrée

Californiacruizers

When I wanted to try more than one item, I would evaluate them for how well they would taste cold. Anything served cold is obviously no problem, but many other foods taste just fine cold. Something with a sauce or other element that would congeal, I would order first and eat it then for dinner. fortunately I never had a situation where neither choice sounded good cold, I don't know what I would have done! lol

I never thought of asking for a starter portion of an entree, that is a wonderful idea!

> I never thought of taking a meal to our room we liked... can you really do it?

I did it, numerous times during a 7-day cruise. Appetizers, entrees, and of course desserts - Oasis had a fantastic mango pudding in the Windjammer buffet that is responsible for at least 2 of the pounds I gained. ;) If I forgot to bring along a disposable, I just took the plate back to our room after dinner. The waiters never blinked an eye and the room steward removed the empty plate when he cleaned the room the next day. (Obviously, you still need to use good food care, refrigerating most items quickly so they don't give bacteria a chance to grow. I transferred whatever I brought back to disposables and stuck them in the fridge as soon as we got back to the room.)