Shuttle bus tours to Olympia

bb2

Hello, my husband and I will be visiting Katakolon later this month and plan on visiting Olympia.

According to other posts the train from the port to the site is not always dependable due to budget cuts. Has anyone found this to be the case recently? Also if we take the train can we hire a guide at Olympia?

We were also considering the shuttle buses - either Katakolon Express or Geo Travel. I haven't found much information on Geo Travel is this company still in operation; and reviews for Katakolon Express are not always positive. Does anyone have any recent feedback on either company?

Are there other shared tour companies that can be recommended and finally, does shuttlebus transfer to Olympia need to be booked in advance or can we wait until we get to port to make our plan?

We would appreciate any insight that can be offered - Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

We took the train last week and we're delighted with the experience. Not sure if they change the times depending on when ships are in but last Thursday there was a train to Olympia at 10 am and another at 11 am. Return trains were at 13.08 and 14.08. Cost was €10 per person and our teens were €5, return. The buses are €10 for anyone above 12, but more crowded and less flexible than the train.