RCCL Allure of the Seas November 29th

JonATL

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MarylandBob!! Thanks so much for responding. We are super-excited to be on this sailing. I've been cruising (on cruise ships) for quite awhile, but some of the other guys are 1st or 2nd timers. We are trying to make it an annual thing as most of us work together. Most of us are public safety (police/fire) workers. Have you guys been on Allure before?

Hi JonATL, We are Robert and Jerry who live in Maryland, about midway between D.C. and Baltimore. We, too, have a fair amount of cruising experience (on cruise ships) :p but have never been on Allure. We did sail on Oasis in 2011 and really liked it. The ship is a destination unto itself. Your first-timers or "cruise-virgins" will be amazed!

We'll be celebrating 35 years together on this voyage. We're both retired Feds but I do have a part-time retirement job. I worked with Federal law enforcement for the last 9 years of my career.

We look forward to meeting you and your group.

Robert.. we have five in our group so far: Jonathan (me), Bryan & his husband Sean, Alan and Chris. We're all in our 30's & 40's. I have no doubt that this ship will be truly impressive. I've been taking some 'virtual tours' on YouTube to catch a glimpse of some of what she offers.

Congrat's on your anniversary! That is fantastic. It sounds like we all have a bit in common with you having a federal background :)

We typically try and do the FOD meeting each night to meet new folks and mingle a bit before we start our evening so I have no doubt you can find us there. Otherwise, you'll definitely see Bryan doing karaoke. He is an amazing singer and performs at most of our police-related events here in the city. In other words, you'll have no problem finding us.. lol.

We're looking forward to meeting you soon too! Only 30 more days!!

Jonathan, Sounds like a good time will be had by all. We also try to attend the FOD meetings and it sounds like we'll definitely have to check out the Karaoke show! Don't forget to make your show reservations now if you haven't already done so. There's no charge but it's best to reserve now so you're assured of getting into the theatre. If the entertainment is anything like Oasis and I've got no reason why it shouldn't be, the shows are spectacular. The water and ice shows are not to be missed and the broadway stage show is almost like the real thing.

I just turned 57 and Jerry is a bit older (I'll let him tell you much older) but let's just say he robbed the cradle back in 1980. If you guys are planning to do a ziplining tour and you wouldn't mind an extra tagging along, I'd like to join you. Jerry isn't much for that sort of activity and doing stuff like that alone isn't much fun.

Enjoy Halloween and we'll see you in a month!