RCI's Christmas Spirit

jamiski

I am working on a RCI wedding for next year. I always wanted a Christmas wedding, but because of limited time off of work and budget restrictions we are looking at the last week of Nov or the first week of Dec 2006.

Does RCI do a little or a lot of seasonal decor? and

When do they start 'decking the halls' on the RCI ships?

We took our first cruise on Enchantment 4 years ago. We sailed on December 7th... the weekend right after Thanksgiving. The ship was beautiful! There were Christmas trees literally all over the ship and there was a reallly need gingerbread village in the Centrum area.

I don't know how early they start, but the decorations are beautiful in early December.

Ann

I am working on a RCI wedding for next year. I always wanted a Christmas wedding, but because of limited time off of work and budget restrictions we are looking at the last week of Nov or the first week of Dec 2006.

Does RCI do a little or a lot of seasonal decor? and

When do they start 'decking the halls' on the RCI ships?

There is nothing like spending the hoilday season on a RCI cruise ship, last year we were very luckey that I found a cruise that I could afford. We spent Christmas day on the on the Vision OTS it was a real fun trip and I would hope everyone would get to take a hoilday cruise at least once.

Chotton - I just looked and in 2006 Thanksgiving falls on the 23rd, the cruise I am looking at starts on the 27th...hmm...I hope they can decorate quick!!

TahoeBob - I wish we could travel over Christmas for our wedding, I always dreamed of a Christmas Eve wedding. But my hubby-to-be works at a Spa so we don't get that luxury :( Hopefully down the road we could renew on Christmas Eve.

They decorate on the first cruise after the Thanksgiving cruise-- whenever that date may be... The ships are incredible during the holidays.. we cruise every Christmas and New Year's and my brother actually got married on one of them in Barbados -- on the beach on Dec 23rd... it was unbelieveable.

Go for it and best of lucky to you both!

We took our first cruise on Enchantment 4 years ago. We sailed on December 7th... the weekend right after Thanksgiving. The ship was beautiful! There were Christmas trees literally all over the ship and there was a reallly need gingerbread village in the Centrum area.

I don't know how early they start, but the decorations are beautiful in early December.

Ann

We sailed the day after Thanksgiving and they had just finished putting all the decorations up...it was gorgeous! Trees everywhere, pointsettas, garland....so pretty. :)

We sailed the day after Thanksgiving and they had just finished putting all the decorations up...it was gorgeous! Trees everywhere, pointsettas, garland....so pretty. :)

So it sounds like the Cruise after Turkey Day will be decorated, but depending on the ship may not be until midweek. Hmm, thats something to think about. Who knows, maybe the RCI will start following suit with the malls (I think my local one already has x-mas trees). ;)

Mohavemommy - That looks like a great Christmas cruise, I wish we could book that one. On top of other things, all our sailing guest live in Tampa so we decided to go to them. Hopefully they keep that one going though, that could be a good 2007.

Bob - Thanks for the kind words. I am so jealous of all your cruises!! Your brother's wedding must have been so beautiful.

Archived