Barcelona Transfer (Port to Airport)

canuck059

Has anyone bought the NCL port to airport transfers lately? We have an early flight and some have posted that taxis are not necessarily available immediately early in the morning. The UK website is quoting £12o/w pp (~$25 Can); the EU site is quoting €20 (~$29 Can) but the US site doesn't have a price listed. When my TA inquired, they wanted $40 Can. At that much, I might as well book a private transfer. I was just wondering what the price would be in US$ if I waited until we were on-board to buy them. Thanks

Has anyone bought the NCL port to airport transfers lately? We have an early flight and some have posted that taxis are not necessarily available immediately early in the morning. The UK website is quoting £12o/w pp (~$25 Can); the EU site is quoting €20 (~$29 Can) but the US site doesn't have a price listed. When my TA inquired, they wanted $40 Can. At that much, I might as well book a private transfer. I was just wondering what the price would be in US$ if I waited until we were on-board to buy them. Thanks

In Barcelona there will be stacks of taxi's from 6am onwards - what time is your flight? I've found the NCL transfers in the past to be a bit slow to get moving... last year the NCL transfer was $30, but only for flights after 10:30am.

(I do only have experience of epic, which docks extremely early...)

Edited by kirsty_r

The set price for a taxi to the airport is 39 euro for up to 4 passengers and includes the port, airport and baggage fees.

If you are in on an extremely busy port day waits between 8 AM and 9:30 AM might get up to 30 minutes in the taxi line. Earlier taxis are usually with almost no wait at all.

A transfer vehicle will be just about double the taxi fare.

In Barcelona there will be stacks of taxi's from 6am onwards - what time is your flight? I've found the NCL transfers in the past to be a bit slow to get moving... last year the NCL transfer was $30, but only for flights after 10:30am.

(I do only have experience of epic, which docks extremely early...)

The set price for a taxi to the airport is 39 euro for up to 4 passengers and includes the port, airport and baggage fees.

If you are in on an extremely busy port day waits between 8 AM and 9:30 AM might get up to 30 minutes in the taxi line. Earlier taxis are usually with almost no wait at all.

A transfer vehicle will be just about double the taxi fare.

Thanks for your replies. We are on the Epic and have OBC so even at $30US it will work out cheaper to wait and purchase them onboard rather than buy in Can$ if we decide to go that route.

Our flight is at 10:15 which I knew was cutting it close but there weren't any later flights that didn't involve a overnight in an airport somewhere along the way...and even that one will require an overnight stay before driving the rest of the way home the next day.

We are on a B2B so I'll check out the taxis on our changeover day but it looks like the best option would be to self-disembark as early as we can and get a taxi. I thought it might be less worrisome to have something pre-arranged but you're not making the NCL option sound any better.

Susan

Thanks for your replies. We are on the Epic and have OBC so even at $30US it will work out cheaper to wait and purchase them onboard rather than buy in Can$ if we decide to go that route.

Our flight is at 10:15 which I knew was cutting it close but there weren't any later flights that didn't involve a overnight in an airport somewhere along the way...and even that one will require an overnight stay before driving the rest of the way home the next day.

We are on a B2B so I'll check out the taxis on our changeover day but it looks like the best option would be to self-disembark as early as we can and get a taxi. I thought it might be less worrisome to have something pre-arranged but you're not making the NCL option sound any better.

Susan

Definitely grab a cab, disembark the earliest that you can and you should have no problems at all. The cab is a set fare so they can't mess you around. You should be able to make the flight that way. Its only 20-30 minute ride on a good day - so early disembarking it should be fine!

I've also found at the airport check in seems quite flawless, and security not too slow so you should be on your flight with no issues.

My experience of NCL is that they will wait till the shuttle bus is full before departing as well, and they might visit the other terminal first (although I should hope not with the kind of flights people would want).