A few questions

PJOZ

We are looking at a cruise with MSC, have not cruised with them before. I have a few questions, hoping someone can help:

We are looking at the Splendida from Brazil to Germany. We'd like a balcony cabin. If I book the Bella experience, there are a few wheelchair accessible cabins available, which are quite appealing since we'll be travelling with our teenage son and 10 year old daughter.

So my questions are:

1. Can anyone offer an opinion on how likely it would be that we would still have the wheelchair accessible cabin when we sailed in April 2016? I understand that if someone needed the cabin we'd be moved (fair enough too!) but just trying to work out how likely it is that would happen? Realise no-one may be able to answer this, but just thought I'd ask, as it may be the case that people are almost always moved from these cabins to normal cabins? Any advice/experience appreciated anyway.

2. If we were moved, what would be the the "worst" cabin we could get with the Bella experience? I think there are some cabins that are smaller than normal balcony cabins? Do these cabins sleep four? Do some of the Splendida balcony cabins have very small balconies? etc....

3. If we book the Bella experience, and decide we would like to get room service (breakfast or otherwise) does anyone know if that is do-able and how much the additional service charge is?

4. The deal being offered says it includes "1 adult Cheers Forfait mealtime drinks" and "1 Cheers Child Forfait mealtime drinks". My question is what happens to the other adult, and my 13 year old? Do they have to buy the cheers mealtime package? If they don't want to how would that work?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks, Penny

Having travelled as a family of 4 I have tried to get a disabled cabin for the extra space but have never been successful.

If you are moved you will always be moved to a 4 person cabin. some have beds that come down out of the wall over the double bed.

google "msc 4 person inside cabin" and you will get enough pictures to give you an idea.

I find it unusual that they would only give you one package for two adults and one package for two children - are you sure that you are not reading that wrong. that it is one package per person ? MSC state that if you buy an all inclusive package that all people in the cabin have the same package.

Thanks for your response Janet&Carl,

Yes it is very strange about the Cheers package, I've asked the TA to look into it.

There were a couple of handicapped cabins available but really not sure about the Bella class so I am thinking that might not be the best way to go anyway. It would be too stressful thinking we were going to be moved I think. Although it is tempting that cabin looks enormous I could definitely handle that for 20 nights!

Thanks again,

Penny