Double booked cabins

:mad: Booked a cruise on Majesty for next August/ September, booked this cruise at start of September this year, on the 13th September i paid £84 to prebook two cabins in middle of ship on deck 4. A couple of days ago Thomson rang me to say the cabins have been double booked and we have been allocated two new cabins on deck 4 but nearer the front of ship, after looking at deck plan I was not happy with position of new cabins, I rang back to explain my concerns and see if other people could be reallocated as the double booking only concerns one of the cabins, I was told by the operator that they couldn't possibly ring someone asking them to change cabins, ERR hello is'nt this what you have just done to me, I asked if we could be upgraded to inside plus cabins, to be told they did'nt have authority to do this and i would need to speak to a supervisor, ok can I speak to one please, no one available, they would ring me back tomorrow between 10 and 12, surprise surprise no one rang, should I leave it or push for an upgrade or at least ask for my £84 back as I have been allocated two cabins I have not chosen ?????

We pre-booked 2 cabins on Dream a couple of years ago. On arrival at the airport we were told that cabins had been changed. The alternative cabins were acceptable but we went to Reception on the ship to find out why we had been changed. We were asked to sign pre-prepared forms and told our on board account was to be credited with the £42 each as it was their mistake.

So I think you should definitely get your £84 back but with a promise that they won't change your cabins again.

It is possible that the cabin you booked (if it was a plus cabin) is a cabin for 3 or 4 people, and that they need it for a family of 3 or 4.

Really annoying, I know.

I would send an e-mail of complaint off today to cares@thomson.co.uk

stating that you are not happy at being ignored and given a poor service regarding the double booked rooms.

Trigger ,from what I read you are saying Thomson have taken £42 per cabin to let you choose .

Now they are telling you which cabins you will be in by their choice and charging you £84 anyway :confused:

As Jackanne says "you should definitely get your £84 back but with a promise that they won't change your cabins again."

At the very least as your paying for a service they have failed to give you .

Pop your phone number in the e-mail and request that a Supervisor rings you as was promised .

Hope you get it sorted ;)

I would expect you to be offered the £84 refund as the pre booked cabins are not of your choice and this is what normally happens - note I wrote normally. Usually this sort of cabin change happens on arrival at the airport or on the ship and you get refunded by the ship by on board credit which if not spent on the ship is given in cash on your last day. Cabin changes on board tend to be where a cabin has become inoperative and this throws the whole cabin allocation system out if it is pre booked. On board it is not unknown for people to get a free upgrade as a result of this happening but this upgrade is not a regular occurrence.

The free upgrade now 9 months before departure is far less likely but you never know.

The failure to ring back as arranged will also be disappointing to you.

You could follow the suggestion of email and ask that someone rings you to discuss the options and outcomes.

I think you should definitely get your £84 returned, not O.B.C, but by the same method as you originally paid. In my view you should also be compensated for Thomson's errors. You are having to use your own time to sort out their problem. It is so long prior to your cruise sailing, but at least you have been informed now and not at the start of your holiday.

Their error was £84 so I think you should get an £84 refund plus £84 O.B.C.

I would e-mail Thomson and keep a written record. They telephone when they don't want written evidence to exist.

I hope you manage to get a favourable solution.

Len

I have followed advice and email Thomson and received a quick reply stating that do not do call backs and I would have to ring the cruise team to dicuss my concerns : unbeliveable, I have replied that I am unwilling to do this at a cost to myself to discuss changes that they have made to my booking, let's see what happens now.

Hello everyone, Well Thomson replied to my email stating that they are sorry they really are unable to arrange call back and I would have to get in touch with them.

So shock horror they then ring me today to discuss my concerns, the end result being we have now chosen new cabins in a similar area to where we had originally chosen and been given a refund of our £84, I did try for an upgrade or OBC but sadly they would not play ball, but at least we have sorted it out, Thanks everyone for your advice