Question re: Debit card and cash tips on royal Caribbean

aweller88

Please note that some of the posters who are having the issues in this thread are not located in the US. They seem to be in Ireland and another in the UK. What is available to US posters may or may not be available to those posters.

I understand your point(I checked prior to my response, didn't want to give any misleading information:)). Secured cards are offered in Ireland and in the UK; just as they are in the US.

Unfortunately getting a credit card is not an option. However money will not be an issue as we received lots of cash gifts for our wedding which we'll use for the honeymoon. Thank you all so much for your input. I think the best option would be to use one of our debit cards for the cruise and the other debit card for land purchases. I work in car rental so am aware of the hold not being released for a long time, but if we have another account or make sure weve enough money we should be ok. Thank you all so much. Cannot wait to go on our first cruise next year.

Cash is all good. You only need what you are going to spend.

Just checking that you actually know the rules regarding "required" deposits by various Cruiselines. Cash is not as easy as it sounds if you don't know the requirements and rules prior to boarding.

I see you are new to Cruise Critic and your profile does not indicate what country you are from. Some of the posters on this thread with questions are from the UK and Ireland, their travel involves International travel without credit cards. That may not be as easy as someone who lives in Florida and hops on a last minute great 4 day sailing to the Bahamas. Please add your location to your profile it helps others to give you proper advise knowing you may be Canadian or from Washington State vs Florida or the UK :)

Edited by JVilleGal