Traveling with a 5 & 2 yo to Kennedy space center

sddbb

What is the best way? We don't want to join the ship's excursion(will be on ncl breakaway in November) but also not sure about riding on a taxi without car seats. Best option will be a shuttle type of transportation - does anyone have recommendations or suggestions? We would like to be there for about 3 hours or so only and our ship arrives at noon.

I retired from NASA (Kennedy Space Center). That said, I haven't visited the Visitor's Center that frequently. However, the bus tours (only depart when bus is full, so a wait is likely) can be 2 hrs in duration (&, you're a captive audience...I.e., you can't just get off & go back). The little ones might like the IMAX, but they're too small for the Launch Experience. There are some neat hands-on displays at the Atlantis experience (this might be an extra charge) & there's a fun slide for the 5 yo. Wish I could give more info, but hope this helps a bit. Lunch w an astronaut may not be a cost-effective option due to the kiddies' ages.

Edited by Birder1

As for transportation, I wish I could help, but I don't have advice other than a friendly reminder it's about 30-min travel time (minimum) from the port to KSCVC, do factor that in. I'm unsure where taxis & shuttles drop off/pick up (a more savvy CC'r can chime in)...parking charge is dear.

I'm of the age where we survived no carseats or seatbelts at all...i'm not sure I get the angst of parents nowadays.....yeah...you want your kids to be safe, I get that...but, the older generation is still here...we must have been safe enough...a shuttle requires no seat or belt at all...