Disney Wonder feedback, please!

DCLFamof5

I'm interested to hear feedback relating to the aesthetics of the ship such as kids clubs, dining areas, pool decks, cabins etc. We will be on Wonder in January on a Southern Caribbean route that the OP is considering and we are very interested in this info. Thanks in advance.

xlxo,

I've had a quick scan of some recent videos of the Prom Lounge on the Wonder, and cannot see what it could be?

Obviously I am not questing your experience, but wonder if we are talking a bout the same spaces.

I cannot log into Photobucket to host photo's at the moment, so ors they are small, but here are some shots that don't show anything obvious, apart from the transition from carpet to tile at the fire zone door.

Are these them, or something else?

ex techie

Did not see it on your suggested images and a quick look at Google did not show it either. It's been a year since I was on the boat and perhaps it has been removed.

Don't think it was a carpet transition. But it was something like an inch high mid ship. Perhaps it was a fire zone... my memory is going. But it was very irritating going from one end of the ship to the other Deck 3 or 4.

Host Mick,

Apart from venues changing and additions like water slides/pools, and the repainting of interior spaces, did the naval architect say why else ships gain weight with age?

Obviously in dry docks, the hulls are blasted to the bare metal to repaint them.

I wonder what else apart from the above?

ex techie

He was on a video on the disneycruiselineblog just after the Duck Bill and water slides were added. I took it to mean that the water features added on the high decks added to the weight. The higher up, the worse the effect on stability. Adding water high up compounds the loss of stability because of the "free surface effect."

Edited by Host Mick

We were told on the Magic that the "duck tail" was needed as a counterbalance to the new water slide. Don't know whether this is accurate; just info from an officer on board.

At to those worried about the Wonder--I've never seen her in "bad" condition. True that some routine maintenance is delayed when a dry dock is near, but the normal repainting, carpet cleaning, etc. continues all the time. Yes, there is always rust to be cleaned off and repainted, but there was rust on the Fantasy 2 months after the maiden voyage! Yes, I know she was in the water for months before that.

He was on a video on the disneycruiselineblog just after the Duck Bill and water slides were added. I took it to mean that the water features added on the high decks added to the weight. The higher up, the worse the effect on stability. Adding water high up compounds the loss of stability because of the "free surface effect."

That's what I was saying.

Unless additional weight is added to the ship, byway of pools, slides etc, and mostly weight on the upper decks, so increasing the "free surface effect" or even with more Staterooms or venues that will increase the lateral sway, like adding weights to an inverted pendulum, additional stability is required. Hence the ducktail.

I guess I read more into your comment of as they age, and not just the high up weight.

ex techie

Did not see it on your suggested images and a quick look at Google did not show it either. It's been a year since I was on the boat and perhaps it has been removed.

Don't think it was a carpet transition. But it was something like an inch high mid ship. Perhaps it was a fire zone... my memory is going. But it was very irritating going from one end of the ship to the other Deck 3 or 4.

It might have been a temporary installation whilst works were carried out.

That is all I can think, as all of the Prom Lounge is within a fire zone itself and fire doors are only located at the Forward end where it meets Tritons rear entrance and the stairway up to deck 4, or the Aft exit to the Aft stairs and elevators, and onwards to Parrot Cay.

ex techie

I'm interested to hear feedback relating to the aesthetics of the ship such as kids clubs, dining areas, pool decks, cabins etc. We will be on Wonder in January on a Southern Caribbean route that the OP is considering and we are very interested in this info. Thanks in advance.

We were on in April and the ship looked good. No major issues/dirty areas. Yes its hasn't be refirbed yet but Disney has done a good job keeping it updated.