Celebrity Millenium music

jerrymanos

I have not traveled with Celebrity since I was on the Solstice and did not like their music or the fact that they had pre-dinner dancing in the main stair landing. I just saw an itinerary for an Alaska cruise in May on the Millenium. Are the musicians in the Rendezvous Lounge playing couples dancing music or are they playing mostly music that does not require partner contact? My wife and I love to dance, but do not enjoy standing in one place doing rhythmic bobbing. If that's the type of music that they will play, then I'll just plan another cruise line. Our last few cruises have been on Cunard and Crystal because we love the dancing and the overall feel of the experience, but this time we're traveling to Alaska to visit friends near Anchorage.

The pattern on the Solstice was that they would play some good partner contact dance music for a short while and then switch to music where no partner contact was expected. I was wondering if that's what all Celebrity ships are like now.

Thanks for the information. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

In our recent experience Jerry Celebrity doesn't really cater for traditional dancing, we can never get our heads around the dancing in the lobby complete with Photographers ladders, people routinely coming down the staircase or walking between the seating areas on one side and the bar on the other. Celebrity it's called a lobby so why use it for all your main musical functions. Especially when the sky bar sits empty.

The millennium class ships do have slightly more dance areas but whether they use them as dance floors I don't know we are trying constellation in May so will find out then.

Jean