Transportation thoughts

Hi there..I was reading another thread about transportation from Bush Airport in Houston to Galveston. It answered some questions I had, but it didn't answer my other question. I'd like your thoughts (no flaming please) on what DW and DH should do.

We are flying in on Saturday Jan 7th, day before cruise on Rhapsody out of Galveston. Here is my scenario..we were thinking of flying in...staying at a hotel that is like 2 or 3 miles from G.B airport. Next morning, have Galveston Limo or another limo service (just an idea) come pick us up from hotel and deliver us directly to the pier.

Should we just fly into G.B and have Galveston Limo take us directly to a hotel in Galveston and we worry about getting to the pier from the hotel? Should we stay in hotel in Houston, and have Limo come pick us up the next morning?? Your thoughts on what/which would be easier.

We do have a group of 35 people, but they are coming in sporadically...driving..flying on the day of/day before and staying at different hotels..etc etc...we are all to meet up at the ship.

Your thoughts please??

If you do more reading on the Houston to Galv. threads, they mention a very big price differance in hotels in Galvaston and Hotels in Houston.

Also most of the hotels in Galvaston want a two night stay. I have tossed your situation for myself, and staying in Houston at 49.99 a night (marriot) compared to those rates in Galvaston...............:rolleyes: no brainer....

Archived