Obscured balconies on Dream

Indytraveler83

Hello everyone!

Getting ready to book a trip on the Dream for 7 days (still debating on which 7 day trip to go on). We are looking at going in late January or early February, which is far less far in advance than we usually plan.

Thinking of doing a balcony garentee instead of selecting our own room to save money since most of the prime spots are taken anyways. I have 2 questions on this one:

1) if we get an obscured view, how bad does it get? I wouldn't mind a life boat at the bottom of our sight line or a pole or something, but would hate to book a balcony just to stare at equipment the whole time. I know some ships are worse than others. How is the Dream?

2) what is the likelihood a garentee would be a cove balcony? Still not sure if I like that idea or not.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, Dream Class does not have obstructed view balconies. Those are only on Spirit Class, I believe. As far as getting a cove balcony, I would think there is a fairly good chance of that, as they are the lowest balcony category on Dream. Keep in mind that many of the coves are between the midship and aft elevators, which means they are right under the galley.

Keep in mind that many of the coves are between the midship and aft elevators, which means they are right under the galley.

We rarely worry much about noise. We had a "noisy" room on the Elation this year and usually were too tired or too intoxicated to notice! It also helps that our upstairs neighbor at home is rather obese, so we've got practice tuning out weird sounds...

If the noise won't bother you, then a cove balcony as a guarantee would be ideal. We were in one on the Dream & we loved it. Being so close to the water & watching the waves hit & mist off the boat was wonderful. I usually prefer balcony closer to Lido, but a cove balcony is a unique experience & I hope to book one again in the near future.