? Hotel with shuttle from Hobby to hotel & then cruiseport?

D&D_Tx

A question from my rollcall -

One of the posters is looking for a hotel that offers shuttle service from Hobby to the hotel, and then to the Baytown (Houston) cruiseport. They will be cruising a Princess ship.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel that offers both?

Dorothy

Unfortunately, I have not heard of one that offers both. Options I have heard of are staying at a Hobby area hotel with an airport shuttle, returning to the airport and then taking the cruise line shuttle on the day of the cruise. The alternative is cab, Super Shuttle, or car service to a Bayport area hotel that shuttles to the port. I know the Best Western Plus in Seabrook is the closest to the port and shuttles there.

We tried staying in Houston near the airport then taking the Carnival shuttle to Galveston. I tried to find a rental car I could pick up at the airport and drop in Galveston but no one I checked has a Galveston drop off site.

We had a rental car for the day in Houston, but never really found anything we wanted to do. There is definitely nothing to do near the airport and we ended up driving downtown. Wife wasn't interested in NASA since we just went to Canaveral in May.

Next morning took the car back to the airport and caught the Carnival shuttle.

If I do it again I would try harder for a rental car drop off, but would definitely go to Galveston then stay and sight see there instead of Houston.

Last December we stayed at a Hobby Airport-area hotel (Springhill Suites) the night before our Princess cruise out of Bayport. The hotel offered a free shuttle from the airport and to anyplace within a 5-mile radius of the hotel (so that you could go to a restaurant or shopping center).

The next day we ordered a taxi from Pasadena Taxi as I had read in several posts here on CC that they offered the lowest fares. The taxi arrived right on time and we had a quick and easy drive to Bayport (Sunday morning). The fare was about $60, which was a better deal for our family of 4 than the Princess shuttle which cost $25 pp.

Due to distances, you won't find any hotel that offers both a shuttle from the airport AND a shuttle to the cruiseport.

The fare was about $60,

That seems kind of expensive from the Springhill in Seabrook. Was it some other Springhill? We are staying at springhill for Jan 10 departure and the hotel said we could get a taxi from Hobby for $45 and I would think it's under $20 from there to the port.

That seems kind of expensive from the Springhill in Seabrook. Was it some other Springhill? We are staying at springhill for Jan 10 departure and the hotel said we could get a taxi from Hobby for $45 and I would think it's under $20 from there to the port.

Reread the post. They said Springhill at Hobby airport.