Allure Speciality Dining Question

Andrew89

Is it possible to book speciality restaurants online without prepaying? I recall on Oasis booking 150 Central Park and paying in the restaurant (via sea pass of course).

Not possible. Anything you book online is charged immediately, with the possible exception if those venues that charge ala carte prices.

Edited by clarea

Not possible. Anything you book online is charged immediately, with the possible exception if those venues that charge ala carte prices.

Thanks for the info. When I try to book Giovanni's a second time the website only allows me to modify the first reservation, is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks for the info. When I try to book Giovanni's a second time the website only allows me to modify the first reservation, is there a trick I'm missing?

Don't know, never tried to book the same venue twice. I didn't even know you could modify reservations without canceling and re-booking. I'd call Royal to book the second restaurant reservation.

Don't know, never tried to book the same venue twice. I didn't even know you could modify reservations without canceling and re-booking. I'd call Royal to book the second restaurant reservation.

I figured it out, if you go to your calendar you can add reservations by clicking on the desired date and then adding the second restaurant. My girlfriend and I love Giovanni's so we always have it on the first and last night of the cruise.

Now as for the Speciality Dining Package, there's no mention of it when I booked a third dinner (at Chops). I can't seem to find any helpful info for this online either so it looks like I'm finally going to have to cave and call Royal, lol.

I think you have to book the dining package on board. Are you talking about the 5 restaurants for $110?

Yes, or 3 for $85 or 4 for $95.

That would be really irritating if I have to book it on board. I took the time months in advance to book a cruise and already have my dinners planned but would have to compete for good times with people who booked their cruise a week before sailing.

I think you may have to give RCI a call to confirm but to my recollection you have to book that special on board. On the website the only dining special I saw was the 20% OBC for booking 4 restaurants. I remember because when I heard about the special, I wanted to do it but was told I had to wait until I was on board, and by then I didn't want to have to refund what I had already paid and have that money sitting on a hold for a few days. This was only a few days before my sail date though so maybe if you're far enough out they can do it over the phone?

I think you may have to give RCI a call to confirm but to my recollection you have to book that special on board. On the website the only dining special I saw was the 20% OBC for booking 4 restaurants. I remember because when I heard about the special, I wanted to do it but was told I had to wait until I was on board, and by then I didn't want to have to refund what I had already paid and have that money sitting on a hold for a few days. This was only a few days before my sail date though so maybe if you're far enough out they can do it over the phone?

Thanks, I will call this afternoon and let everyone know how it goes.