Carnival Check-in times - CONFUSED!!!

meggs11

Hi All,

Another question about check-in/boarding times.

We are sailing in May 2016, Carnival's website says that we can check in and pick a boarding time from six months before the cruise. So, I looked and it says it isn't available now. I did a bit more reading and thought it might be because our final payment hasn't been processed and isn't due to be done till Feb.

So, I called Carnival today to pay the remaining balance but they told me that six months before the cruise is way to early to pick the boarding time and even if I paid the balance it still wouldn't be available, not till about 60-75 days prior to cruising....

So, the website contradicts the advice I was given... (she did say the website was wrong and they were going to fix it...)

So, anyone have any idea what is correct? Has anyone actually booked their boarding time as the website states around six months before the cruise?

I selected our boarding time and downloaded the boarding pass on the 14th of October 2015 for a cruise on the 15th of March 2016 which is 5 months before sailing date.

I had read about the 6 months checking time and kept checking every few days then on the 14th it was available.

I selected our boarding time roughly 6 months prior...we sail at the end of March. Unable to print boarding pass as our daughters passport expires in sept next year, about a week short of the required six months. We are waiting till closer to the cruise to renew to gain maximum usage. It doesn't make sense to renew a 5 yr passport a yr early.

Thanks for your replies.

Had you paid in full when you chose your boarding time with Carnival?

The website says you can choose once paid in full from six months prior to departure. The Carnival rep on the phone said absolutely no way is it open six months before cruising... so hence my confusion... I thought maybe I couldn't access it as we have only paid deposit at this point.

Carnival rep went to the trouble of telling me she knew the website was wrong and it was in the midst of being changed...

Have you tried checking in again since you paid in full? Sounds like the rep might be a bit confused. It isn't really any of her business whether she thinks 6 months is too early. I don't see an issue with it assuming the system will let you do it. It isn't like your preference is likely to change between now and then.

You need to go through each step of the process including filling in all your contact details, registering your credit card for your sail and sign card etc. Once all the ticks are green you should hopefully be able to print your boarding passes and then your check in time is secured.

I'm like you. I like to get organised and make sure I grab the earliest slot as soon as I can.

I had paid in full when I booked due to getting a very good deal which required full payment.

This is on Carnival Australia's website......

This is in the FAQ section....

1. Online Check-in Guests become eligible for online check-in 60 days before you sail. You cannot, however, print your check in documents until you have paid for your cruise in full.

This is on the already booked page....

You've booked your Carnival cruise, so now what?

Then it's time to check-in. You'll need to have your Booking Name, Booking Reference Number, Valid Passport and Credit Card Details on hand to complete all of your check-in details. Your actual check-in time can be selected 6 months before you sail. Please note you cannot print off your boarding pass until you have paid in full.

I can understand the confusion.:confused::confused::confused:

Have you tried checking in again since you paid in full? Sounds like the rep might be a bit confused. It isn't really any of her business whether she thinks 6 months is too early. I don't see an issue with it assuming the system will let you do it. It isn't like your preference is likely to change between now and then.

You need to go through each step of the process including filling in all your contact details, registering your credit card for your sail and sign card etc. Once all the ticks are green you should hopefully be able to print your boarding passes and then your check in time is secured.

I'm like you. I like to get organised and make sure I grab the earliest slot as soon as I can.

I didn't actually end up paying the balance as she said there was no point... laughing.... that six months was way to far in advance. Maybe I will just pay it and see what happens. I have done all of check in but can't actually select a time to board - annoying.

I had paid in full when I booked due to getting a very good deal which required full payment.

This is on Carnival Australia's website......

This is in the FAQ section....

1. Online Check-in Guests become eligible for online check-in 60 days before you sail. You cannot, however, print your check in documents until you have paid for your cruise in full.

This is on the already booked page....

You've booked your Carnival cruise, so now what?

Then it's time to check-in. You'll need to have your Booking Name, Booking Reference Number, Valid Passport and Credit Card Details on hand to complete all of your check-in details. Your actual check-in time can be selected 6 months before you sail. Please note you cannot print off your boarding pass until you have paid in full.

I can understand the confusion.:confused::confused::confused:

EXACTLY!!!!

Lots of people are choosing their time before the 60 days... I wish it was consistent advice.