Staybridge Suites Miami Airport West?

seedaz

Staybridge Suites - Miami Airport West

3265 NW 87th Avenue

Miami

Has anyone stayed here lately? We were able to secure an excellent rate of $52.00 with our Entertainment Card for our precruise stay. We arrive later in the evening around 10 pm, so would be looking for just a clean hotel near the airport. This hotel provides a free shuttle and deluxe continental breakfast. It looks fairly new and we could only find one review on Travelocity. 5/5...hope this is okay. We will be taking a cab from the hotel to the pier in the morning. Any thoughts? Any ideas what a cab would cost from this area to the pier in Miami? Thanks for your help!

I'm not familiar with that particular hotel, but it's west of the airport in Doral. The cab fare from there will be on the high side, if money is a concern take their shuttle back to the airport and grab a taxi there as cab fare is fixed at $21 from MIA to the Port of Miami.

In the airport area I stay at one of these when I have an early flight...

Hilton... http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIAAHHH

Hampton Inn... http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/

Trent you had me worried about the metered rate from the hotel to the port... I double checked with the hotel and they said the most anyone has paid on a metered rate was $25.00. Then I called Doral Airport Taxi and was given the same rate...he quoted me a "flat" rate of $25.00. We are very happy with the rate and the hotel is a steal for an overnight rate on our Entertainment card of $52.00, which includes a free breakfast. Our flight is late so we won't need to worry about any shopping or meals as such, just a clean hotel to spend the night before our cruise!

Well apparently they use a "flat rate" from that hotel then, there are some areas in Miami where the cab companies use flat rates, but be careful as many cabbies will turn the meter on since many tourists don't know about the flat rates. Make sure you let the cabbie know you know what the flat rate is, and agree to it before getting in.

I know the meter rate would be more because the meter rate is in the $30's from the port to MIA, and Doral is a few miles west of MIA.

Thanks for the advice about the flat rate before getting into the cab! Good idea! I have the name of the person I spoke to at Doral Airport Taxi and he guaranteed the flat rate..but we will be sure to double check with the actual driver before stepping inside the taxi cab!

Archived