Teach me about Port Canaveral

BiXLL

I am thinking of going on my 3rd cruise. This forum has educated me through my first 2 and now I am looking for more guidance. We have cruised out of Tampa (like it) and Miami (hated it). This time the cruise I am interested in goes out of Port Canaveral. In researching flights with southwest it is telling me Orlando, Fl. MCO???? Is that the airport I want? How far away is it? Are there reliable shuttle services from airport to port? Please tell me anything I would need to know about sailing out of here. I thank all in advance for any help they can offer.:) Is Orlando MCO Orlando International???

Edited by BiXLL

Yes, MCO is Orlando International, about a 45-50 minute drive to Port Canaveral. There are shuttle buses you can take, many people rent cars as well. Are you flying in the day before your cruise, or day of?

Well......at the risk of getting beat up, we are going to try flying in the day of. The first 2 we flew in a day early and did not like the waiting around for the next day for the cruise. I know its a gamble of sorts, but we would be arriving at 9:45 am, and have 3 more flights that arrive before 1PM out of Pittsburgh should something go wrong. It makes it so much easier so far as work schedule to do it this way also. Am I crazy?

Well......at the risk of getting beat up, we are going to try flying in the day of. The first 2 we flew in a day early and did not like the waiting around for the next day for the cruise. I know its a gamble of sorts, but we would be arriving at 9:45 am, and have 3 more flights that arrive before 1PM out of Pittsburgh should something go wrong. It makes it so much easier so far as work schedule to do it this way also. Am I crazy?

I'd book a shuttle service. Most recommended here: Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx. For a private car service, I'd go with Executive VIP.

I like to go a day ahead, and many do, for that comfort factor in case something were to happen (weather usually). But, many people also travel the day of for various reasons and have no issues either. In this situation, I would use a private car service like Executive VIP. I used them a few years ago and found them to be very easy to use and professional. Highly rated on this board which was why I chose them.