Dream questions

mrsdurham

Hey everyone! I'm leaving on my honeymoon cruise on the Dream out of NOLA on June 27, 2016. It's my second Carnival cruise and I have done a massive amount of research, but I have a few questions since my first cruise was eight years ago.

1) We are planning to book the steakhouse for the first night so we can get the free wine. My question is if you don't finish the wine that night do you get to take it back to the room with you to enjoy later? I have read examples of it going both ways so I would love to know about the general consensus is about this.

2) We are on the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel itinerary. Can anyone recommend any good local restaurants in any of these ports? We are both major foodies and love to try local food. I often find the best suggestions come from word of mouth.

3) Also, I would love to hear any excursion suggestions for the ports. We are both scuba certified so we plan to dive at some point, but haven't made a set decision yet about which port.

Thank you all so much in advance, I look forward to reading your responses!

Last cruise we had wine and did not finish. They re cork it and you can enjoy it the next evening. We are going in this same cruise in March and I am also looking at excursions. We are thinking about Mr Sanchos in Cozumel and stingray city in grand cayman. Not sure about Montego Bay yet

Carnival does a good job taking care of your leftover wine. DW does not drink alcohol, but I will still buy a bottle of wine on occasion and drink half of it at a meal. The bottle is re-corked and stored with your folio number. You can ask for it later in the cruise from anywhere on the ship, and it will be retrieved for you.

Hey everyone! I'm leaving on my honeymoon cruise on the Dream out of NOLA on June 27, 2016. It's my second Carnival cruise and I have done a massive amount of research, but I have a few questions since my first cruise was eight years ago.

3) Also, I would love to hear any excursion suggestions for the ports. We are both scuba certified so we plan to dive at some point, but haven't made a set decision yet about which port.

Since the wine answer was already given a couple of times (I concur with those responses, they will re-cork it and serve it to you later), and I don't have any real answer about local food establishments, I will offer you the following advice about SCUBA:

I did a week long SCUBA trip to Cozumel and the diving there is great, especially if you are boat diving as most (if not all) of the excursions are. My #1 dive site on Cozumel was the Palancar Gardens Reef. The dive operator that we used for our trip was Del Mar Aquatics, which is down the main road to the left .4 miles from the cruise terminal.

I did a shore dive in Grand Cayman on my own. When you get off the pier, you can walk to several dive shops, I chose Eden Rock Diving Center (which is directly down the main road to the right .5 miles after you exit the cruise ship area). I dove Eden Rock and the Devil's Grotto with a dive center guide. The Grotto is full of swim throughs and was nice. We had a bit of weather the day I dove, but other than getting in and out at the Center, it didn't effect the dive.

Both Del Mar Aquatics and Eden Rock Diving Center have websites where you can see their operation and contact them via e-mail.

A lot of folks are skittish about booking dive trips on their own, so if you are one of them, Carnival has SCUBA excursions at both of these ports.

I have never dove in or around Montego Bay, so I have nothing to offer on that port, and I didn't see any Carnival SCUBA excursions there either. We did however, as a family book the Jamaica Zipline Adventure Tour which we enjoyed. They can be found by searching for "Jamaica Zipline Adventure Tours", and reservations can be made directly on their website.

Congratulations, and enjoy the Dream, she is a great ship.

Thank you all for the responses about the wine, good to know! Also checking out all the diving excursions listed. I had read about Mr Sanchos before and I think I'm going to book it! Does anyone know how far it is from the port?

We went on the valor on our honeymoon and in Cozumel did a dolphin swim ( not through carnival )

It was amazing and def a once in a lifetime experience

I really want to swim with dolphins but my fiancé isn't quite on board with it yet. Where did you do your swim and how much was it? The ones through carnival all seem to be so overpriced.

Thank you all for the responses about the wine, good to know! Also checking out all the diving excursions listed. I had read about Mr Sanchos before and I think I'm going to book it! Does anyone know how far it is from the port?

About a 10 - 15 minute taxi ride. Can't remember the cost -- under $20.

We did the AI last November.

We have done this itinerary before. We are not SCUBA divers but love the beach. Seven Mile in Grand Cayman is fantastic. We also like Doctor's Cave in Jamaica although the vendors can be pushy. In Cozumel we have done noth Mr Sancho's and Nachi Cocum. Both are great. Nachi is all inclusive and small crowds. Me Sancho's has not AI and pay as you go. Beach is the same both places. Enjoy!

We are on the Dream in Match but go to Roatan Belize and Coz. This is also a great itinerary. West End beach in Roatan had the best beach snorkeling I have seen.

Enjoy!

I know everyone that likes wine will take advantage of the free bottle on first night.. BUT, I just dont recommend ARTS the first night.. Food is SOOOO great it will spoil the MDR food the rest of the cruise, Well it did mine. Lol:)

1) We are planning to book the steakhouse for the first night so we can get the free wine. My question is if you don't finish the wine that night do you get to take it back to the room with you to enjoy later? I have read examples of it going both ways so I would love to know about the general consensus is about this. Yes! You can take it with you!

2) We are on the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel itinerary. Can anyone recommend any good local restaurants in any of these ports? We are both major foodies and love to try local food. I often find the best suggestions come from word of mouth. We usually don't eat in port that often. There is a seaside restaurant in GC that is really good ... it's by Eden Rock dive shop

3) Also, I would love to hear any excursion suggestions for the ports. We are both scuba certified so we plan to dive at some point, but haven't made a set decision yet about which port. We did a shore dive in GC at Eden Rock dive shop. It was a fun dive. The people that worked there were kind of rude, but I was told it was because they were British?? Next time, we will dive with Don Foster's dive shop, they have great reviews. Cozumel is always a great dive, great walls, great drift diving! You can never go wrong there. We've never been diving in Jamaica, as I hear it's not so great. If you've never been to sting ray city in GC, I'd say go! Especially if you have kids, or not! Dh and I loved it. We used Captain Marvin for that. We did Sunset beach in Jamaica, it was ok ... not the best, not the worst thing we've done! We usually always go to Mr. Sanchos in cozumel (if we aren't diving).

:) Hope this helps!

Last cruise we had wine and did not finish. They re cork it and you can enjoy it the next evening. We are going in this same cruise in March and I am also looking at excursions. We are thinking about Mr Sanchos in Cozumel and stingray city in grand cayman. Not sure about Montego Bay yet

Both Great Choices!! If you are going around spring break time, reserve your tickets at Mr. Sanchos!!! They only take so many people (last year it was 300, but they've expanded a little bit).

It's not far, maybe a 10 minute taxi drive. Cost the 4 of us $16 there and $16 back.

We have done this itinerary before. We are not SCUBA divers but love the beach. Seven Mile in Grand Cayman is fantastic. We also like Doctor's Cave in Jamaica although the vendors can be pushy. In Cozumel we have done noth Mr Sancho's and Nachi Cocum. Both are great. Nachi is all inclusive and small crowds. Me Sancho's has not AI and pay as you go. Beach is the same both places. Enjoy!

We are on the Dream in Match but go to Roatan Belize and Coz. This is also a great itinerary. West End beach in Roatan had the best beach snorkeling I have seen.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip about snorkeling. We go on the same trip in March too, but will bring kids, so no diving for us. Any suggestions on who to go snorkeling through? Is it best off the shore (bring your own stuff) or is it better out further?