Rental Car-FLL

MindyRN

Hello everyone!

I'm getting all the details together for my May cruise. We are flying in the day before departure and I would like to get a rental car to have for that evening. Usually we just rely on hotel shuttles so this is new to me. I know we get the rental car from the airport but will the airport have a shuttle we can use to the port after dropping the car off in the morning? I noticed the Hyatt on 17th street has a rental car company on site but that hotel is a little pricey. I will however pay more if it is easier to get to the port in the morning! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post has info on rental car agencies near the port that have free shuttles to/from the cruise terminals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48314296&postcount=3

You don't have to stay at the hotel that has the rental car agency in order to use that agency to drop your car and take the shuttle.

Edited by clarea

Alamo, National and apparently Enterprise offer a free shuttle from their return center at the airport. The other companies have courtesy shuttles from their various locations near the port. Several hotels have rental facilities on site, however it's not likely they have free shuttles from the airport, so you might as well just rent from the airport. I wouldn't overpay for a hotel just for ease of getting to the port, as getting to the port is easy and cheap cab rides from almost anywhere in that area.