Are the roll calls on Thomsons a waste of time?:

The thread for our cruise on Tues has 4 posts. 2 by me, 1 from the OP and one from someone else.

Why even bother starting a thread never to return?..

Unless you die of course .

:D:D:D:D:D

That thought has crossed my mind a few times !

I started a roll call for the cruise we are going on tomorrow about 2 months ago when we booked. It has been viewed a MASSIVE 9 times !

Meanwhile, the cruise we go on with princess in June has around 8 pages already.

Edited by nw_man

Never really thought about it, but just checked my current ones.

Celebration January, I have posted 6 of the 7 on there.

Fred March, I have posted 7 of the 13 on there.

Discovery October I have only got my inital post on there, but it is early.

There was some activity and advice on my Cruise Maritime mini cruise December though.

Gill.

Fully agree with the American / Canadian nationality roll call thing, but whenever I have looked on the NCL roll calls they consist of 90% people organising private tours with each other & the rest are for the meet & greet (which is often for the purpose of arranging meet up times for said tours).

Sometimes wish I had the bottle to arrange the private tours as they often look to be a fraction of the price of the ship ones.

Edited by Stevio

We have been on 1 Thomson cruise and have another one booked for October. It's a shame that the roll calls are very active on the Thomson Cruises. We have cruised RCI,NCL and Celebrity and have taken part in some really good on board events and excursions planned by the Cruise Critic group

We have been on 1 Thomson cruise and have another one booked for October. It's a shame that the roll calls are very active on the Thomson Cruises. We have cruised RCI,NCL and Celebrity and have taken part in some really good on board events and excursions planned by the Cruise Critic group

Agree with you. Most of my 20 cruises have been with Princess, MSC, RCI and NCL where the roll calls are very active and provide lots of information and the chance to link up with others for M&G, shore excursions (at much cheaper prices than the ship's tours). Have got to meet some super people via the roll calls and am in touch with many of them years down the line.

I sailed on Thomson many years ago when new to cruising and have now booked Majesty for the Easter cruise (Colourful Coasts) from Tenerife on 22nd March. It was really the only option which allowed us to fly from Bristol which is only 30 mins from me. Also daughter and family needed to be able to get to me easily from their home in Dublin in order to meet up with me and we could travel together. I started a roll call but as yet there has been no interest. Luckily I will be travelling with family so will have some company!!

Suron

Fully agree with the American / Canadian nationality roll call thing, but whenever I have looked on the NCL roll calls they consist of 90% people organising private tours with each other & the rest are for the meet & greet (which is often for the purpose of arranging meet up times for said tours).

Sometimes wish I had the bottle to arrange the private tours as they often look to be a fraction of the price of the ship ones.

They always are! Do it, it is easy.

In 20 odd cruises we have never had a problem ever.