Britannia A deck inside cabin information

lynnek

Has anyone any information on inside cabins at the front of the boat on A deck? We have had mid ship and aft balcony cabins previously that were great but on this trip it's only an inside one, A116 if anyone has been near there.

I think all the inside cabins are going to be appointed very much in the same manner. "A" deck is a bit lofty; being as high up as Lido on Azura/Ventura, this coupled with being forward will give the largest amount of movement. Some cabins are transverse and others in line with the keel which I have known people to comment on in respect of whether the bed is across or in line with the ships rolling.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Can't help with regard to convenient location, movement, etc. but if it's any help we had an inside cabin on C deck, but slightly aft of midships.

Personally I found the décor very drab and depressing. The cabin was adequate for two of us but smaller than we've been used to; previously we've had 4-berth insides on Aurora and Azura and managed well with our 2 older children, I don't think we could have managed at all on Britannia. Just room for a person to stand either side of the bed, max. 3 ft of space between end of the bed and dressing table.

Dressing table area much smaller than before, a lot of it taken up by the tea tray, literature stand (we stuffed this in a cupboard) and small desktop mirror instead of a big mirror on the wall. Wide drawer under the mirror area and a decent sized cupboard under the desk, next to the fridge. Bedside table either side with two good deep drawers, but no bedside lights. Open wardrobe area by the bathroom and a tall cupboard with 5 free shelves and one with the safe.

Bathroom also smaller. The shower with screen is great and a good size, also the welcome addition of a couple of shelves in the shower for toiletries. In other bathrooms it was just about possible for two people to be in there, i.e. one cleaning teeth and another stepping in to grab sun cream or similar, but not so on Britannia. Definitely only room for one. There have been comments about lack of space between shower, toilet and basin area, but I'm built for comfort, not for speed and had no problem whatsoever.

The cabin was fine because we didn't spend much time there, but definitely smaller than other P&O inside cabins (or RCI for that matter).