Ensenada questions

ttonnka3

Hello,

Thank you in advanced for looking at my questions

Where's the best place to eat in Ensenada for fish tacos but of course have other options as well? In your opinion of course

Where can I get the shuttle to blowhole from the docks? Is it fairly simple?

Edited by ttonnka3

To the Bufadora--- take the shuttle into town for $2, they offer a bus to the blowhole for $15/pp. Otherwise it's $20/pp.

Our short list of restaurants. Check out tripadvisor.

-Any at the fish market

-Taquiero Lindo between Hussongs and Papas n Beer (fish, chicken, etc)

These have a larger menu

-Hacienda Del Charro for rotisserie chicken and handmade tortillas

-Meson de Don Fernando for a Molcajetes.

IIRC these don't have fish tacos but are excellent

-Portrero Viejo for gorditas

-Guadalajara for birria (tour guides eat here)

• 2 weeks later...

Depends which dock you're at. The closest dock the shuttles might be off to the side. The further dock the shuttle stops right in front of the port building. There'll be someone there asking you if you want to take it into town.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that far to walk from the cruise ship to "downtown". But you can also pay to ride. Walk from the cruise ship to Lazaro Cardenas, the main highway through town. Turn left and walk three blocks to Alvarado. Turn right one block to Primera.

At Alvarado and Primera you'll find La Guerrense taco stand. Great fish, shrimp, ceviche and other seafood tacos and tostadas. Alvarado runs east and west from the big flag pole.

Has anyone done this one before? I am going on 3/4, and its looks like the weather will be cold (60's for a high)...I am floored. I assumed California and Mexico would be warm. Does that seem accurate? Is it warmer out to sea? Any help would be appreciated.

Dagrages. I'm no expert, but I can say we experienced the same weather two weeks ago as we took a 4 day including Santa Barbara and Ensenada. Highs in the mid 60s, lows in the low 50s. All of SoCal was under a high surf advisory. Our at sea day was quite a ride with some pretty sizable swells.

Luckily, we brought some light jackets and long pants (atypical cruise wear for us) and spent more time than usual inside with card games, reading, shows or other activities. We spent far less time on the balcony than we had hoped. So we spent more time getting to know other passengers, exploring the ship and enjoying the experience.

And it was cooler at sea than in port. Luckily, our port days were mid 60s, which to us was perfect walking and sight seeing weather. We had fog on departure in Ensenada

Though I love to be out on the deck in swim trunks and enjoying the sun, it was still a wonderful cruise because...cruising is always wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone done this one before? I am going on 3/4, and its looks like the weather will be cold (60's for a high)...I am floored. I assumed California and Mexico would be warm. Does that seem accurate? Is it warmer out to sea? Any help would be appreciated.

We get winter and cold weather. Ski resorts are open in our local mountains, an hour from downtown LA. You're a victim of the Rose Bowl Effect, lol.

Check the weather before your cruise. Days are warmer, nights are cooler. Cool to cold onboard at night.