Freedom - 9706 from deck 10?

We were in 1702 last year, right above that room. If we were standing at our railing, we could probably see the very front 1/4 to 1/3 (estimate) of the balcony. If you were on the back part of the balcony, you couldn't be seen

We were in 1702 last year, right above that room. If we were standing at our railing, we could probably see the very front 1/4 to 1/3 (estimate) of the balcony. If you were on the back part of the balcony, you couldn't be seen

Hi...we are in 1702 in April (family of 4) and would love to get your take on the room, balcony, location and overall thoughts if you could.

Its our first aft balcony and our son (12) first cruise ever.

Thanks for sharing.

We LOVED this cabin. I was trying for the corner in 1700 or 1400, but it was taken. Regardless, we were very happy with this room. So much so, we booked a comparable cabin on Adventure for next January. Our prior cruise, we had adjoining promenade rooms, and I was worried about only one bathroom, one closet, etc. But it worked out fine with being organized. This room is longer than the other balcony rooms, and had 2 extra night stands (4 total.) That helped with storage and less feeling cramped. I thought the walk aft would be really bad, but it was fine. And the balcony was amazing! I'll post some pics (excuse messy cabin). Let me know if specific questions! ImageUploadedByForums1452610319.747249.jpg.48b137dc858d0ab2e5afea94f353d0b0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452610194.922022.jpg.09906a556a85478282f9a5d468166f33.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452610250.295096.jpg.596697ae330a08069600241a5601b93c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452610279.126732.jpg.6fd446668539dd27a23ef0820772cf97.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452610367.854156.jpg.4922f25c8fc82462eb2b2a2e448cc917.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452610416.145598.jpg.d3e9b95e987489b593c73a767a98c881.jpg

Edited by CS-RN

We stayed in 9406 (same cabin, but on the starboard half), and the 10th floor balcony could see almost ALL of our balcony if they were standing right at the railing - even without leaning over at all. The 9th floor balconies are not very private at all.

It's a nice balcony for size though! We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table, and still had tons of room.

I'd pick a 9th floor aft over a side balcony again, but I'd prefer not having the balcony above us being able to see most of our balcony, so would try for on of the other decks

Here is the view from 1700 looking down. You can't see too much maybe 1/3 th of the balcony.[ATTACH]373338[/ATTACH]

That's not taken from the railing directly above the balcony below, and nor is it looking down. Believe me.. we were looking for some balcony privacy :cool:

I would rather have aft than a side any day too. Almost a year away and this was the only one left other than the JS which I wont pay for with three port days.

Maybe another one will open if someone cancels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would rather have aft than a side any day too. Almost a year away and this was the only one left other than the JS which I wont pay for with three port days.

Maybe another one will open if someone cancels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll love the balcony - we did. The lack of privacy was only a minor issue for us.

I agree with you... I'll take a huge aft balcony, even with reduced privacy, over a small side balcony. Good choice.

We LOVED this cabin. I was trying for the corner in 1700 or 1400, but it was taken. Regardless, we were very happy with this room. So much so, we booked a comparable cabin on Adventure for next January. Our prior cruise, we had adjoining promenade rooms, and I was worried about only one bathroom, one closet, etc. But it worked out fine with being organized. This room is longer than the other balcony rooms, and had 2 extra night stands (4 total.) That helped with storage and less feeling cramped. I thought the walk aft would be really bad, but it was fine. And the balcony was amazing! I'll post some pics (excuse messy cabin). Let me know if specific questions! [ATTACH]373334[/ATTACH][ATTACH]373335[/ATTACH][ATTACH]373330[/ATTACH][ATTACH]373331[/ATTACH][ATTACH]373332[/ATTACH][ATTACH]373333[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting the pictures. The room looks great

Did you notice much noise from the Windjammer above?

Was there noticeable motion being on the back of the ship?...Most times if we had a balcony it was more mid ship.

Did you have lounge chairs or did you have to request them?

Thanks again for the info.

Thanks for posting the pictures. The room looks great

Did you notice much noise from the Windjammer above?

Was there noticeable motion being on the back of the ship?...Most times if we had a balcony it was more mid ship.

Did you have lounge chairs or did you have to request them?

Thanks again for the info.

- Noticed ZERO noise from Windjammer

- Some motion, but we had some rough seas on the last day or two. Not really much more than I noticed anywhere else on the ship. At night it was kinda relaxing like being slightly rocked to sleep

- Lounge chairs that you see in the pics are exactly what was there when we arrived.

• 2 months later...
We stayed in 9406 (same cabin, but on the starboard half), and the 10th floor balcony could see almost ALL of our balcony if they were standing right at the railing - even without leaning over at all. The 9th floor balconies are not very private at all.

It's a nice balcony for size though! We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table, and still had tons of room.

I'd pick a 9th floor aft over a side balcony again, but I'd prefer not having the balcony above us being able to see most of our balcony, so would try for on of the other decks

We just booked 9406 on Liberty for next summer. Is the view extremely obstructed?

We just booked 9406 on Liberty for next summer. Is the view extremely obstructed?

I would not call it extremely obstructed, but there is some ship superstructure in the way.