Juneau whale watching and mendenhall glacier

bkerber

We dock in Juneau at 1 pm dont leave until 10pm. Has anyone gone on a whale watching tour and then gone on to Mendenhall with enough time to hike to the falls? I know some of the tours say they will drop you there but do you really have enough time for the falls. I wouldnt mind taking a cab back if the shuttles arent running. I believe the glacier park closes at 7:30.

Thanks in advance

The Nugget Falls walk needs an hour. The key- is to go direct from a whale watch to Mendenhall Glacier. Your vendor may offer a drop off, but if not, you can take a cab from your whale watch.

The last shuttle buses run about 6 -6:30p. There is no cab line, so be certain to have the cab numbers for you to call about a 1/2 hour prior to needing it.

With your late port time, and it looks like you are going in May? Is easy to include both.

We dock in Juneau at 1 pm dont leave until 10pm. Has anyone gone on a whale watching tour and then gone on to Mendenhall with enough time to hike to the falls? I know some of the tours say they will drop you there but do you really have enough time for the falls. I wouldnt mind taking a cab back if the shuttles arent running. I believe the glacier park closes at 7:30.

Thanks in advance

I did Tracy Arm off the ship while it sailed onto Juneau, when I returned I purchased a bus trip to Mendenhall.

Because of timing, we were on the last bus to the glacier & had a limited amount of time there - We could not hike to the falls. Had to get back to the last bus of the day.

But we must have had fun - this was taken on a short "hike" (I recall walking fast.)

7376373662_093fa5e9c5.jpgDSCF8195 by Amy S, on Flickr

Edited by TheCalicoCat