Island Princess Norovirus feedback

wlbox

We just returned from our cruise on the Island Princess. Shortly before our departure we received an email telling us of the delayed departure due to Norovirus on the current cruise. They told of delayed boarding.

Our experience was very positive. We arrived at 12:30 and walked right into the terminal in Fort Lauderdale. Filled out our healthy passenger form and checked in. No lines.

We could not get into our state room until after 3. No problem, they let us head upstairs for lunch.

Our stateroom attendant explained that the cleaning process after norovirus is very detailed. I brought my own cleaning wipes and did my own cabin cleaning.

They required hand sanitizer use before entering the dining room and buffet area. No salt or pepper shakers on the tables.

Half way into our cruise they told us they were going to do another deep cleaning and told us to remove all personal items from the counters in our state rooms.

I never heard anyone mention norovirus symptoms.

Once the salt and pepper shakers returned to the tables I know we were all safe.

I think Princess did a fantastic job of cleaning the ship and keeping us healthy.

It is very helpful to let passengers know of any health issues.

Hand washing is priority for a well ship.

Good job Princess !!

We just returned from our cruise on the Island Princess. Shortly before our departure we received an email telling us of the delayed departure due to Norovirus on the current cruise. They told of delayed boarding.

Our experience was very positive. We arrived at 12:30 and walked right into the terminal in Fort Lauderdale. Filled out our healthy passenger form and checked in. No lines.

We could not get into our state room until after 3. No problem, they let us head upstairs for lunch.

Our stateroom attendant explained that the cleaning process after norovirus is very detailed. I brought my own cleaning wipes and did my own cabin cleaning.

They required hand sanitizer use before entering the dining room and buffet area. No salt or pepper shakers on the tables.

Half way into our cruise they told us they were going to do another deep cleaning and told us to remove all personal items from the counters in our state rooms.

I never heard anyone mention norovirus symptoms.

Once the salt and pepper shakers returned to the tables I know we were all safe.

I think Princess did a fantastic job of cleaning the ship and keeping us healthy.

It is very helpful to let passengers know of any health issues.

Hand washing is priority for a well ship.

Good job Princess !!

Excellent! :)

We were on the December 20-January 4 Panama Canal sailing on the Island. During the cruise, the Captain told everyone about a norovirus outbreak. They also had us remove everything from the counters to do a deep cleaning. At one point, he stated that there were 4 people confined to their cabins. There were never any salt or pepper shakers out in the Horizon Court. We had to ask for them, and they gave us the little packages instead. However, we were able to pass the rolls around at dinner. We have been on past cruises, where our server passed them out individually. Overall, we were impressed too with the crew, and the effort made to control it.