Safety Drill For Late Departure?

We are currently looking at a back to back cruise. For the second cruise, the departure time is listed at 11:59 PM. Does anybody have any experience on when the safety drill will be with a late departure like this? We are hoping to do a tour that day and wonder when we would need to be back on the ship.

Corinna

The last time that the ship was delayed that I was on was a number of years ago, however they did the Muster between Dinner Seatings.

Not sure what ship you are on or what port you are going to, but maybe some San Juan cruisers could help you out since ships deport out of there later.

Not sure what ship you are on or what port you are going to, but maybe some San Juan cruisers could help you out since ships deport out of there later.

It is going to be the Ovation of the Seas for her repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Dubai.

Corinna

We are currently looking at a back to back cruise. For the second cruise, the departure time is listed at 11:59 PM. Does anybody have any experience on when the safety drill will be with a late departure like this? We are hoping to do a tour that day and wonder when we would need to be back on the ship.

Corinna

The short answer is you won't know until you are on the ship.

I once boarded a ship very late due to transport problems, and was sent to a "special" muster drill for people who'd missed the real one. It was held in a theatre around sail away time, because I remember thinking that they were punishing us by keeping us away from the sail away views :)

The good news is they will probably have a make up drill if the drill is early and folks are ashore.

That sounds promising.

I once boarded a ship very late due to transport problems, and was sent to a "special" muster drill for people who'd missed the real one. It was held in a theatre around sail away time, because I remember thinking that they were punishing us by keeping us away from the sail away views :)

Thanks. Views are not going to be a concern for us I don't think as we are leaving so late.

Corinna

Last month we sailed on the Adventure out of PR. Departure time was 8:30 pm. The main muster was around 5:15, I believe, with a second one later for those who weren't on board for the first one.

Thanks. I think we work on the premises that we will need to be back for 5:00. I suppose by then we will have had enough anyway as we should be able to get off the ship nice and early hopefully.

Corinna