Carnival Conquest Wedding

kfied08

Hello!! I am looking for someone that has had a resent wedding onboard the Carnival Conquest. I am getting married in April on this ship and I had some questions for those that have had a recent experience or just any advice! I would like to know all about it...The room they had your ceremony and reception in and if you recommend it, how much time you had to get ready, if they instructed you on what to do for the wedding party, how the reception was...anything that you can share would be so helpful, the good, the and, the ugly!! Thank you so much!!

Well, I haven't had a recent wedding, but I did get married on the Holiday back in 2007. Some things may have changed, but I can tell you my experience.

Getting married on a Carnival ship couldn't have been easier (or cheaper)! Carnival will assign your ceremony to a room based on the size of your wedding party/guests. They used to have packages that would tell you how many people you could have and if it came with or without a reception. For my wedding, I had a total of 20 people including the bridal party. My ceremony was held in the lovely library and the reception was right across the hall in the piano bar. You could pay a small"ish" extra fee for every person you had over that 20 (I think the next increment up was 50 people or so).

My ceremony was at 1:00pm and we (the whole wedding party/guests) were able to get on the ship around 11:30, I think. My room was already cleaned and prepared so I had plenty of time to get ready. My husband-to-be and the guests had drinks at a bar on the lido before the ceremony.

The reception was about 1 hour or so with plenty of tasty food and drinks. We had a live band, a cake cutting, etc. The photographer took lots of pictures, so every moment was captured. After the reception, we said our goodbyes to those not sailing with us and then we headed off for lots of pictures around the ship with the photographer. The sailing guests were able to check out their rooms and start enjoying the cruise.

Months before our sail date a Carnival wedding planner was assigned to me and she walked me through all of the details. They mailed me a package where I could choose the type of cake I wanted, the kind of flowers I wanted for my bouquet, the vows I wanted read, the toasting options, the kinds of foods I wanted...really, I got to decide everything (as long as it was on the list of offerings, of course). It was just so easy and smooth from the start of the process right on through the wedding and reception. It was really a beautiful wedding...and completely stress-free! If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!

I hope you have a wonderful wedding!