Bowling Alley - Freedom?

OK, for those of you who have received your C&A brochure this month:

On Page 2, the top left picture (of the Main Pool Deck of Freedom),

what are those green rectangular areas shown in the cut-away view, 2 or 3 decks below the main pool deck?

I know I am letting my imagination run wild, but those could really pass for Bowling Alley's, couldn't they......?

They were going to put a bowling alley on the Freedom but were unable to get the leveling mechinisms to work as well as they have for the pool tables that are on the Radiance Class ships. It is a shame, that would have been pretty cool.

Yeah, it would have been cool unless of course your cabin is underneath it. ;)

By the way, I have been looking at the photo you posted, and the green things are a deck below the pool deck and sun deck, and I believe they are staterooms. At least that what it looks like as the pool is deck 11 and staterooms are on deck 10.

Yes, agree...I just got my copy in the mail, and it appears to be a cutaway view, showing the cabins. You can even see some of the interior spaces, including the Theater. The green appears to be the cabins, with the white part the bathroom.

Makes better sense then dozens of shuffleboard lanes....

I know alot of folks would like to see bowling, but I don't believe it "will be" for several reasons...

1. How would they keep the alleys level??? I mean the pool tables, on the Radiance class ships, were expensive enough...:eek:

2. The game would take up too much "time", for the "masses" to be able to participate... Unlike with golf or pool...

I know alot of folks would like to see bowling, but I don't believe it "will be" for several reasons...

1. How would they keep the alleys level??? I mean the pool tables, on the Radiance class ships, were expensive enough...:eek:

2. The game would take up too much "time", for the "masses" to be able to participate... Unlike with golf or pool...

I originally though that a bowling alley would be cool on a ship; not any more though. My main reason is that it would take up way to much space for just a few people to use at any given time. It would always be crowded and it would be hard to get a game in because of the crowds. It is a nice idea but the space could be better used as something else. EXCEPT STATEROOMS

No bowling alleys on the Freedom. My RCI Rep has confirmed there will not be bowling alleys on the Freedom. Yes, they originally discussed this option, but due to the cost, space needed etc that idea was nixed. If they did add them, they only had room to put in 4 lanes. With almost 5,000 guest onboard only a small percentage would be able to enjoy that feature and the idea was abandoned.

Archived