dolphin mini-suite or emerald mini

sprph

on the grand and wondering if dolphin mini-suite vs emerald back of the ship mini is better, told dolphin fully exposed, but concerned emerald may have view blocked by life boats and more motion, anyone been on these

You won't have any obstruction from the lifeboats. The balcony extends just past them, so you can see out past them pretty easily. We actually felt less motion, probably because we were down one deck, but also could feel the aft thrusters as we came into port. Nothing earth-shaking, but noticeable. I would probably pick a cabin on the starboard side because the stage of the Vista lounge is directly under the portside cabins. There might be some issues with the bass coming up at you. We were on Diamond, just above Club Fusion (I think that was it), but not above the stage, and we didn't hear a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently sailed the Diamond, I can vouch that the cabins on the Dolphin deck are fully exposed - not my cup of tea, I'd (personally) book on the Emerald deck. The AD mini-suites on Emerald look great to me, I may take one this fall. As I'm sure you're aware, being higher and further back, you'll feel more motion - so if you're motion sensitive you may want to opt for a more central location.

We've opted the last two times for Sapphire's (Diamond's sister) Emerald aft minisuites. Love the privacy on the covered balcony. Awesome views especially with E728. We were right over Club Fusion & there is a little bass vibration that lulled me to sleep. No problem with motion. If that's a problem, then choose a starboard mini. Do know that other than to the dining rooms which are closeby & also aft, the Princess Theatre and gyms that are at the bow of the ship are quite a hike. However, that'll help you to exercise off all that food.:D

Archived