Question about Transatlantic Crossing

I have a pretty dumb, more kind of curious, question regarding the time changes. I was looking at the VOS on May 6th, positioning Miami to Barcelona. When you are on these types of sailings, when do they change times for the time zones? I have never been on anything longer than a 7 day carribean, where the ship stayed on the local time of the port of departure.

We are looking into this sailing for our family of 4 and thought it would be a great educational experience to end our homeschool year. As well as a lot of fun in general!!

we actually did the reverse from Barcelona to Miami, of course when we got to Spain we were on there time, but when we start to across the ocean, we had seven sea days, we took away an hour each day so when we got to Miami we were on there time, it is a great experience, and have a deposit on the Brillance 4.28/06 from Miami to Barcelona, hope this helps.

You will generally be losing an hour each day, I think there is a 5 or 6 hour time change to Barcelona. They will announce it in the daily Compass, so better take note of it.

I happen to like the east to west transatlantic, this way you are adding an extra hour each day.

Belle

You will generally be losing an hour each day, I think there is a 5 or 6 hour time change to Barcelona. They will announce it in the daily Compass, so better take note of it.

I happen to like the east to west transatlantic, this way you are adding an extra hour each day.

Belle

I agree. Those 25 hour days were wonderful heading from Harwich to Boston on Jewel of the Seas. :)

Oh - that's better than all at once (which is what I was afraid of)! Our youngest will be just shy of 4, so a little each day is better. I'm REALLY concerned about 5 days straight at sea..... but 7, sheesh! With all that's on the ship to do, I'm sure we'll keep them both entertained.

I haven't even booked yet, and I'm starting to get excited.

Archived