should I change?

Tell me why I should change from CB Princess to Splendour for Spring Break, or why I shouldn't change. A few facts to help: Splendour is only 6 nights, CB 7, CB will cost me about $1000.00 more, I have 4, 18 year olds, We have been to Mexico before (SOS) and St. Thomas (CB) but never Belize (SOS) or St. Maartin (CB) anyone been on both ships? Which would be more fun for 4 18 year old boys?

Having been on both lines with kids this age I definitely think it would be a better time for them on RCCL.There's more for them to do and the $1000 savings is always nice.My daughter and her friends are 19-21.Their preference in order is RCCL,Carnival then Princess.

IMHO I would certainly go for one of the Voyager class ships with all that they offer no one would be bored. We just love the big ships more.

I asked that question to the kids, being that CB is a voyager type ship. They said in all the cruises they have been on the Vison so far has been the best. The only missed the Cafe promanade, they have done the ice skating thing already a few times. I liked the Vison as she never felt crowded last year and the service was awesome. I keep reading odd reviews about the CB....am I just stuck on RCI ???? I had a terrible experience with HAL customer relations and am concerned that Princess could be similar since they are same company....

I imagine I will post on Princess site too....hope I don't get torched

I have never sailed the CP but have cruised on a few different RCCl ships, and have never been dissapointed. My kids fav ship was the voyager class. They do enjoy any cruise. I don't know if this is a factor but one thing to consider is that on RCCL your 18y/o's will be able to drink beer and wine ( with your consent at check-in) and gamble. I don't know what the min. age is on a Princess ship. My son is now 20 and enjoyed being treated as an adult ordering an occas beer,etc.

In the last year I went on both the voyager class and Caribbean princess. I felt that both were about equal. Some things were better on royal caribbean, and others on princess. If I were booking and it came down to the two I would make my decision based on price and ports. Being that this is an rccl board, some here might be biased but truly, they were the same difference. I sailed the two approx 6 months apart so rccl was fresh in my mind when I sailed on princess.

If you are ready for fun and a great time, either choice will be awesome. I have to say that while my balcony on princess was huge and awesome, I felt that the balcony room on Voyager had more room ( a little couch) and the princess room and bathroom were ever so slightly smaller.

Good luck and have fune

well I posted on the princess board...got zero replies...I think I am switching over to Splendour. I keep reading bad reviews about the Caribbean Princess. I really haven't found a bad review that has made me think twice about Splendour...I thank you all for your input!

Lokalona,

I have sailed on the splendor. But it was back in December of 1998. We loved it. Just keep in mind it is older then the CB and smaller. If you have any questions about the splendor I will try to answer them. I am sure you will have a great time whatever you choose!

Splendour is a Vision Class ship and one of the smaller Vision class ships. However, it has a mini-golf course and a very nice deckplan. The $1000 savings would definitely be the deal maker for me and I think your kids will probably enjoy the Splendour a bit more. $1000 would also pay for a lot of shore excursions. RCI has an extensive array of age- specific kids programs and recognizes that as kids approach adulthood, they may prefer a special place to hangout to a lot of organized group activities. Splendour won't have the ice-skating, in-line skating, or Royal Promenade you find on Voyager class (neither will the Princess ship for that matter, which despite its size is really difficult to compare to a Voyager class ship) but it should offer enough to keep your entire family happy.

I am sure they would have a good time on CB but I think that they might have a better time on the Splendour, especially during Spring Break, when that $1000 difference might deter many others their age from sailing on CB.

Archived