Vegetarian Foodie Experiences

yuvraj

We're both vegans and haven't had many issues on Carnival. Just our first day was a bit rough. I prefer finding places to eat in port though. Stuff on the boat is fine is just stuff I can get anywhere you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not a vegetarian but I like vegetarian food. Plus members of my family are vegetarians so this is something I have to consider when booking cruises. Often, I feel vegetarians are made to feel second class without the same level of choice and options that others enjoy.

So how about a thread to share our vegetarian experiences. Good and bad cruise lines.

I will kick things off by suggesting that from cruise lines I have sailed with in recent years (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, P&O, Cunard, Princess), the cruise line that showed most innovation when it came to catering for vegetarians was P&O. This was on Ventura. Great veg options in the Glass House plus good innovative options on special menu.

Princess and Cunard were disappointing. Nothing positive to say about either.

I am similar to you, not vegetarian, but do like to eat vegetarian most days, and will eat chicken or fish a couple of times a week or so. I did not eat beef for over two years, but because of iron and b12 deficiencies my Doctor suggested I try to. I did so, but still find it hard to digest...anyway, getting to your post. I know that many people/cruisers and especially those who have been on upscale lines like Celebrity, and Cunard have a disdain for Carnival, but this is where my experience is with respect to vegetarian dishes.

I will say, that Carnival does have a vegetarian option on the dining room dinner menu nightly, as well as an indian vegetarian meal, and these both have been very well enjoyed by me. The indian vegetarian meal, can be very spicey, but it takes only a question to the dining room waiter, to know how spicy it is. Also, Carnival is very good at working with cruisers/diners who have particular dining needs, ie; vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and more.

so, even though many cruisers of upscale lines look down their noses on Carnival, and like to equate them to Walmart and other such genres, I will just say, that for me; who is not quite vegetarian, but eats 70 or 80pc vegetarian, Carnival does the job well IMO.