NCL Breakaway 11/27/16

themixedone86

My wife and I (CC name: Rebeccathegeek) will be on this cruise! Super excited that there was a G&L roll call in addition to the other one. The G&L meeting we went to on the Gem last year was empty, so I'm glad to see Breakaway's 4000 passenger count has a bit more variety! :)

Hey there!

Welcome aboard! Usually after US Thanksgiving there's a lot of GLBT travelers. I cruised that the same time this past year and was astonished by how many GLBT folks there were. It was the largest FOD gathering I've seen outside of an all-gay cruise. :D I'm thinking more will pop up as we get closer to sailing. The martini bar is usually where it's held on the Breakaway class ships.

Again, welcome aboard!

~Jake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got really excited when I found this topic and told my wife only to find that she's already been here!

I'm getting so excited for our cruise and am just a little bit obsessed! I'm so glad there will be some other LGBT folks on the cruise. Especially since my wife said she would go crazy if I was the only person she talked to for 2 weeks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome - see you girls at the Friends of Dorothy meetings....

I got really excited when I found this topic and told my wife only to find that she's already been here!

I'm getting so excited for our cruise and am just a little bit obsessed! I'm so glad there will be some other LGBT folks on the cruise. Especially since my wife said she would go crazy if I was the only person she talked to for 2 weeks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey All!

The longer voyages seem to have a lot more gay folks. I just got back from 22 days on the Norwegian Sun and the 17 day repo cruise there were a ton of gay guys (although no listing on here). Hopefully we'll have an equally great turn out for the Breakaway. I also hope we can do a disco take over because the music on the Sun was not so fun. Got more sleep than I bargained for but now I'm ready for the real party!

Where's my party animals at? :D

Hey All!

The longer voyages seem to have a lot more gay folks. I just got back from 22 days on the Norwegian Sun and the 17 day repo cruise there were a ton of gay guys (although no listing on here). Hopefully we'll have an equally great turn out for the Breakaway. I also hope we can do a disco take over because the music on the Sun was not so fun. Got more sleep than I bargained for but now I'm ready for the real party!

Where's my party animals at? :D

Someone have a lot of vacation time haha. I hope the turn out is high

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone have a lot of vacation time haha. I hope the turn out is high

lol... I had five weeks to burn through or else I would end of losing them. Fat chance that'd happen so I looked for long voyages and found the Sun's to be dirt cheap. I also went to places I'd never seen before! :D

Looking forward to some good times on the Breakaway! I know the DJ will be awesome! :)

lol... I had five weeks to burn through or else I would end of losing them. Fat chance that'd happen so I looked for long voyages and found the Sun's to be dirt cheap. I also went to places I'd never seen before! :D

Looking forward to some good times on the Breakaway! I know the DJ will be awesome! :)

The dj is awesome just got off the ship couple weeks ago.

The dj is awesome just got off the ship couple weeks ago.

HA! Now who has vacation time to burn? I haven't cruised since January so mine all backed up on me. Problems to have, right? :D

Can Sunday take any longer to get here? :( I'm on my last day of work before the trip today!

HA! Now who has vacation time to burn? I haven't cruised since January so mine all backed up on me. Problems to have, right? :D

Can Sunday take any longer to get here? :( I'm on my last day of work before the trip today!

Haha yea I planned one 3 week cruise but ended up switching to this one and a week one last month. I don't get paid vacation so I can go whenever I can afford it lol

Haha yea I planned one 3 week cruise but ended up switching to this one and a week one last month. I don't get paid vacation so I can go whenever I can afford it lol

Oh nice! I do but with all the black out dates at work (including today) it makes it impossible to sail in the summer or hard winter. Lately I've been lucky to get a week off in January to cruise and then it's either Spring or Fall to cruise. Spring this year was too hectic so here I am back at it again!

Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the Dorothies! I hope to make it to all the events on embark day (solos and FOD). Not sure of the timing on this ship but on the Sun cruise they were both super early so it was hard to do both! Hoping for more space this time around! :)

Also hope we breeze to warmer weather. The ship the first night but rocking as there's a storm brewing in the Atlantic right now. Fine by me as I have expert level sea legs now! :D