Few Questions on Princess and Asian Cruise in 2017

Miss JAD

Hi Everyone,

I haven't sailed on Princess for about 5 years. I am thinking about an Asian cruise March 2017 leaving from Singapore. It is very hard to find a route similar to this on other cruise lines. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this cruise that they could offer.

Ships: Diamond Princess

Ports: Singapore | Ko Samui, Thailand | Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand | Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam | Singapore | Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia | Penang, Malaysia | Phuket, Thailand | Singapore

We are kind of looking for an exotic somewhat beach holiday. Do you think this cruise would be good for that.

Any comment on if the ports are expensive for touring? Probably hard to do stuff not through the ship. Again we would really be happy for the most part going to the beach and maybe some days seeing the touristy stuff.

Weather in March in these locations should be warm....

Any comments on the ship as that is part of the holiday as well.

The other question I have is that Celebrity,Royal and NCL often offer drink packages as a promo. Does Princess ever do this?

Thanks for your help. I just started researching this.

Miss Jad

We are doing a shortened version of this cruise in December. A few of the ports offer beaches - Koh Samui, Penang, Singapore and Phuket. Bangkok is a difficult port. Not many like it. HCM is a port but interesting. KL is a city port. The ship sounds fabulous but aligned with the Japanese clientele so check if that works for you.