New Horizon Ferry: time in transit to JVD?

evanAction

Hello!

Does anyone know the length of time for a one way trip to JVD on the New Horizon Ferry? Just trying to plan our day :)

I have the ferry schedule and am assuming it's less than an hour based on return timings.

Much thanks in advance.

Evan

Hello!

Does anyone know the length of time for a one way trip to JVD on the New Horizon Ferry? Just trying to plan our day :)

I have the ferry schedule and am assuming it's less than an hour based on return timings.

Much thanks in advance.

Evan

Never mind, I just called them...

For anyone that didn't know and wants to know,

Ferry ride is about 18 minutes from Tortola to JVD.

Taxi from Road Town to West End is about 25 minutes.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

So question, one year we did a taxi from Red Hook, St. Thomas to JVD, we had to do customs stuff and that took time etc, but we had a great day of it.....but playing the time game became stressful at the end..and we are only in until 3 pm...........so should we wager the water taxi service and do they offer drinks onboard both ways............we are sailing NCL and they offer an excursion there for $109.00 but you are only there for maybe 2 hours......the other taxi's give you more time.....what would you do...blue water?

So question, one year we did a taxi from Red Hook, St. Thomas to JVD, we had to do customs stuff and that took time etc, but we had a great day of it.....but playing the time game became stressful at the end..and we are only in until 3 pm...........so should we wager the water taxi service and do they offer drinks onboard both ways............we are sailing NCL and they offer an excursion there for $109.00 but you are only there for maybe 2 hours......the other taxi's give you more time.....what would you do...blue water?

I'd taxi to Iggie's Beach Bar at Bolongo Bay, enjoy some drinks and their jerk wings on the beach. Or maybe the Beach Bar in Cruz Bay.

Not the same as White bay but a heck of a lot closer!

I've done this excursion twice, in February and in March of this year...and the NCL excursion boat did take around 40 minutes to get to JVD (it was the Rebel Yell) and they left us on the beach for 3 hours. We were only in Tortola from 7 until 1PM ...and we were on the beach at 8:15 & had to meet them to go back at 11:15. Have fun, it's great there!

Originally Posted by Aussiegrlfl viewpost.gif

I'd taxi to Iggie's Beach Bar at Bolongo Bay, enjoy some drinks and their jerk wings on the beach. Or maybe the Beach Bar in Cruz Bay.

Not the same as White bay but a heck of a lot closer!

OOPS! I was thinking you were on St Thomas again, sorry! Yes if on Tortola agree with cv322 and the Rebel Yell option through the ship, sounds like a great day.

The taxi/ferry/taxi takes about an hour each way, anf you have to go by the ferry schedule.

Such a short day in Tortola! I am struggling to find a good excursion. It's hard to spend $109/pp for what seems to only be about 3 hours on the beach (there are 9 of us!). Blue, what other options are good? I have read and read through these boards trying to see but the Rebel Yell seems to be the one most choose (besides the Baths). I would love to see White Bay. I better get back to my reading....just thought I would "ask the expert" your opinion of some other options.

Such a short day in Tortola! I am struggling to find a good excursion. It's hard to spend $109/pp for what seems to only be about 3 hours on the beach (there are 9 of us!). Blue, what other options are good? I have read and read through these boards trying to see but the Rebel Yell seems to be the one most choose (besides the Baths). I would love to see White Bay. I better get back to my reading....just thought I would "ask the expert" your opinion of some other options.

I hear ya...

I vote Rebel Yell and White Bay - it's worth it!

I see you're getting closer to your cruise, any firm plans for Tortola yet? If you decide not to do White Bay there are some beautiful beaches on Tortola. And if you want a similar vibe as White Bay you'll get that in Cane Garden Bay. Not the same, but similar.

And have you looked at Mitch (Ocean Magic)? Maybe contact him to get a price for Jost. If too much $, try to round up another couple or two on your roll call?