Aurora cabins

walsh1363

I am considering a cruise on Auroa this year and never sailed on p&o what are the best outside cabins ?? Totally lost

A lovely ship we were on her just before Christmas.

Looking at the deckplans the outside cabins on D deck are above the theatre. I am always wary of cabins above them, having had one on another ship once, where not only did you hear every show, but the practices as well.

If you go to bed late that should not worry you.

Edeck are below but I would imagine noise is less.

F deck would probably be quieter.

However with both of those I would want to be as near to midships as possible as if there are rough seas you would feel it more at the front, and would get anchor noises and the such.

So midships if possible and for me not d deck.

Now you will get someone who has stayed on this deck and say they heard nothing...

A lovely ship we were on her just before Christmas.

Looking at the deckplans the outside cabins on D deck are above the theatre. I am always wary of cabins above them, having had one on another ship once, where not only did you hear every show, but the practices as well.

If you go to bed late that should not worry you.

Edeck are below but I would imagine noise is less.

F deck would probably be quieter.

However with both of those I would want to be as near to midships as possible as if there are rough seas you would feel it more at the front, and would get anchor noises and the such.

So midships if possible and for me not d deck.

Now you will get someone who has stayed on this deck and say they heard nothing...

OK, English Lady, I will say it! :) I always choose D-deck, between the lifts and Raffles/Sindhu. They're not over the theatre so no chance of any noise from there, not that I would expect to be in my cabin when the theatre is in use. Same goes for Oriana. We like that position.

OK, English Lady, I will say it! :) I always choose D-deck, between the lifts and Raffles/Sindhu. They're not over the theatre so no chance of any noise from there, not that I would expect to be in my cabin when the theatre is in use. Same goes for Oriana. We like that position.

Thank you Brayman

So were you midships.

When we had a cabin above a theatre one knew what to expect during the early evening, but if I remember correctly we had a couple of early starts the following mornings, so hoped to drop off before the late show finished, of which there was no chance.

Thank you Brayman

So were you midships.

When we had a cabin above a theatre one knew what to expect during the early evening, but if I remember correctly we had a couple of early starts the following mornings, so hoped to drop off before the late show finished, of which there was no chance.

Not quite midships, they are classed as mid-forward!