Brewers Bay and Rum factory

tampabay25690

Brewers has 1 beach bar and is generally a nice, quiet beach for relaxing and snorkeling. Nicole's serves great drinks and cheeseburgers and other bar food.

Cane Garden Bay has several beach bars/restaurants if you want more variety and a busier vibe, safari taxis drop loads of cruisers off there. The Callwood rum distillery is in CGB and is the oldest continuously operating rum distillery in the Carib. Great rums, look for it behind Quito's place. Enjoy a cheeseburger in paradise or great fish tacos at Tony's, or at Myett's.

Taxi fare to either beach is $8pp each way.

Edited by blue_water

Brewers has 1 beach bar and is generally a nice, quiet beach for relaxing and snorkeling. Nicole's serves great drinks and cheeseburgers and other bar food.

Cane Garden Bay has several beach bars/restaurants if you want more variety and a busier vibe, safari taxis drop loads of cruisers off there. The Callwood rum distillery is in CGB and is the oldest continuously operating rum distillery in the Carib. Great rums, look for it behind Quito's place. Enjoy a cheeseburger in paradise or great fish tacos at Tony's, or at Myett's.

Taxi fare to either beach is $8pp each way.

Great thanks

SO what would u recommened?

Cane Garden or Brewers??

We've been in CGB when on Tortola on a cruise, and we've stayed at Myett's in CGB while on land vacations. We enjoy the happy hours, dinner, and music in CGB in the evenings, but not the huge crowd that descends when ships are in port and we'd go to Brewers or Smuggler's Cove those days. CGB will be crowded with just 1 ship in port, especially the larger ships. So if you like that vibe CGB is the best choice. You can walk to a less busy end of the bay but there are no amenities there of course...

If you'd like a less busy vibe with some others to interact with the other beaches would be ideal. Brewers has Nicole's Beach Bar, and there may be a vendor at SC serving drinks but I'm not sure so you'd want to pack a lunch and drinks.

So Brewers has the beach bar with food & drinks for you and is a nice beach, and CGB is a bigger bay and has much more going on.

How long are you in port? There are 1 or 2 water taxi operators that make runs from CGB to Jost Van Dyke, and White Bay is a great spot to relax and have drinks at the Soggy $ Bar and other beach bars. Not inexpensive for a couple but as a group it is affordable and they will drop you in either White Bay or Great Harbor at Foxy's, and pick you up when you say. White Bay also gets busy with daytrippers (very busy in the afternoon and on weekends) but is a nice beach and fun spot. Here's the Soggy $ web cam -

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

We've been in CGB when on Tortola on a cruise, and we've stayed at Myett's in CGB while on land vacations. We enjoy the happy hours, dinner, and music in CGB in the evenings, but not the huge crowd that descends when ships are in port and we'd go to Brewers or Smuggler's Cove those days. CGB will be crowded with just 1 ship in port, especially the larger ships. So if you like that vibe CGB is the best choice. You can walk to a less busy end of the bay but there are no amenities there of course...

If you'd like a less busy vibe with some others to interact with the other beaches would be ideal. Brewers has Nicole's Beach Bar, and there may be a vendor at SC serving drinks but I'm not sure so you'd want to pack a lunch and drinks.

So Brewers has the beach bar with food & drinks for you and is a nice beach, and CGB is a bigger bay and has much more going on.

How long are you in port? There are 1 or 2 water taxi operators that make runs from CGB to Jost Van Dyke, and White Bay is a great spot to relax and have drinks at the Soggy $ Bar and other beach bars. Not inexpensive for a couple but as a group it is affordable and they will drop you in either White Bay or Great Harbor at Foxy's, and pick you up when you say. White Bay also gets busy with daytrippers (very busy in the afternoon and on weekends) but is a nice beach and fun spot. Here's the Soggy $ web cam -

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

SO it looks like White Bay is the place to go.

How long of a ferry ride is it to JVD?

Thanks for your help

That beach reminds me of Magens Bay

For the ferry option it's a 25 min taxi to West End and a 20 min ferry to great Harbor where you'll take a 5 minute taxi over to White Bay. The total transportation cost is about $60pp for 2 ppl, a little less for 3 or more.

If you want to check into the water yaxi out of CGB try Mitch at 284 499 9674/540 6839

Edited by blue_water

Thank you for the info! We are sailing at the end of May/1st week of June and I have been researching what to do in Tortola, as this is a new port for us. We're in port from 7a-3p, so it's a short day. There are 9 of us (3 kids ages 8, 11, 12) and they love to just play at the beach and it looks like Tortola would be a good beach day for us.

We are thinking of doing Coral World/Coki beach in STT, and Atlantis Aquaventure in Nassau (still kicking around ideas). Thank you for sharing info about the different beaches! I would love to get off the ship for just a few hours since it's a new port for us, I don't want to miss it, but I don't think we can manage the Baths or ferrying to JVD. I think Brewer's might work out perfectly! I'm waiting for an update on the website that tells you how many ships are in port each day before we make our final decision.