MBNA # to book free cruise? Or just book & use coupon?

Had a few questions about booking a free cruise with my MBNA points. I was thinking you needed to call a certin number to book the cruise. Maybe some of you experts know the answer to my questions.

If I use the 50,000 free 3/4 day outside cabin can I then pay the increase to upgrade to a balcony?

The 25,000 free companion does not inclued port taxes right?

On the free cruise do you book, pay deposit, submit mbna coupon, then deposit is refunded upon final payment or is there a max amount the cruise can cost? What are the steps to get the free cruise?

Do you get the cheapest outside on a free outside room?

Trying to make the most of my 50,000 points :D

Thanks for your help,

Dawna

I just booked a 125,000 pt. 7 night. There are a couple of numbers you have to call. If you do a search there were two threads on this last week.

We got to book any cabin we wanted up to $2,500 then anything over that we had to pay the difference. We also had to pay the tax, which for us came to $52.10 a person.

Like I said do the search or go back a couple of pages and you will find all the info you need.

Here are the telephone numbers you can call:

1-888-305-4626 regarding your points

1-800-434-8313 MBNA regarding your certificate

Once you get your certificate, you need to send it to the address shown and you MUST send it in at least 10 weeks prior to sailing. I was told it then takes about 45 days to apply to your account once it is received. I believe that if final payment has been made, RCI will put the credit from the coupon on your credit card.

Archived